Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 10:32:11 PM EDT
I am curious as to how important ventilation is when it comes to aluminum free float tubes.  I am thinking mid length or rifle length gas system here as I'm sure it makes no difference on a carbine due to the shorter handguards.  Also I am aware that HBAR's would be less affected.  I was wondering if some of the tube designs would hinder accuracy during a longer shooting session due to the barrel overheating because of the lack of vents cut into the tube.  Is the wider opening near the gas block sufficient for ventilation or should I look for one with vents in it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top