Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2003 6:07:51 AM EDT
I want a FF RAS for my M4gery, but it is post-ban and the comp is permanently attached.  I'm looking at the GG&G but it appears to be heavy as well as mythical.  For obvious reasons I want to watch my pennies.

The SF M73 looks interesting but it isn't or doesn't appear to be FF.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at our (KAC) RAS II, or one of the A.R.M.S. SIR systems.  Neither require your barrel to be modified and both FF the barrel with the least ammount of gunsmith level effort.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Which is recommended for a ARMS#40 and
an EOTECH??    [heavy]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Either will work with a #40 and Eotech.

TN, if you really want a FF RAS (and I dont blame you...) you CAN do it. It just wont be a do it yourself kind of deal. If you want, you can think about a muzzle brake upgrade as well. Here's what you can do...

Get the FF RAS. Send it and your upper to Kurts Kustom Fireamrs. He will take you old muzzle brake off, install the FF RAS, and put whatever muzzle brake you want back on legally. If you consider this, look into Kurts A2 or A3 muzzle brake. They're pretty good brakes as far as brakes go, and they look better than anything on the market. I know this isnt the quickest or easiest way to go, but I just dont like for folks to think they CANT do what they want.

If you;d rather do it yourself, Coldblue gave sound advice. Get a RAS II or a SIR and you will be able to do it all yourself without any modifications or real work at all.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're set on a KAC FF RAS or DD FF handguard, I have an easier solution.  Keep the upper you have in its present configuration, buy a new upper, a post ban barrel without FSB or muzzle device attached, then you can build an upper with anything your heart desires [:d]
Once the upper is finished you can have the muzzle thingie put on.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you're set on a KAC FF RAS or DD FF handguard, I have an easier solution.  Keep the upper you have in its present configuration, buy a new upper, a post ban barrel without FSB or muzzle device attached, then you can build an upper with anything your heart desires [:d]
Once the upper is finished you can have the muzzle thingie put on.
View Quote

Really, this will just cause him to get a new lower so one of the uppers doesn't have to sit apart by itself.  He might as well just get a new rifle and have the RAS installed on that one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
It's all a part of a grand plan [:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I was at the in-laws, which is why I had not responded sooner.  Here is what I currently have set up.

BM M4gery
Lavang Linear Modified by KKF already, that avenue is out.
TA31-F
POS BUIS (Army Issue model)

I had a RAS, but like an idiot I traded it off on a shotgun deal.  It looks like the RAS II won't work for the optics I'm currently running.  Any more ideas?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It looks like the RAS II won't work for the optics I'm currently running.  Any more ideas?
View Quote

Why not? It works great with the TA31. It gives you enough room for the ACOG, in the TA51, or 19s mount, and will let you mount a BUIS.

Steve.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I ordered the SF M73 from Grant.  His price was great (I'm a die hard cheapskate), and the X-mas $$ was burning a hole in my pocket.

I'll keep ya advised.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top