Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2006 7:05:55 PM EDT
For a Person to buy a gun for personal use, do they have to have a federal firearms license?? if i wanted to buy a stripped lower for an AR would i have to bring my FFl to the gun show and like show it to the dealers or something? any insite on this will help thanks o ya i live in TN just if the laws change
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are not an FFL holder, you do not need one to purchase a firearm.  All you have to do is pass the NICS background check, and then the firearm can be transferred to you.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
No FFL required.  If you HAVE an FFL and the weapon you are purchasing qualifies, I think you have to put it in your log book to do it right, though.

The FFLs are only needed if you get a lower shipped to you that you bought - FFL-holder has to get it and transfer it to you.  In-person, the FFL-holder is the guy selling it to you if he's a dealer, or you can buy a lower face-to-face from an individual with no FFLs involved at all.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top