Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2003 6:56:54 PM EDT
HAS ANYBODY HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEIR FIRSH COMMING OFF THE BARREL NUT I AN INTREASTED IN BUYING ONE. aLSO IS THE FIRSH STURDY ENOUGHT TO MOUNT OPTICS LIKE AN EOTECH OR AN AIMPOINT

ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE APPRECIATED
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a 10 page thread on [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=147348]SIR vs FIRSH test's by board members[/url]  It'll have a lot of info.

I have a FIRSH on my 9mm carbine.  The tube is kept from rotating on the barrel nut by way of two locking screws.  This picture shows one but mine has two.
[img]http://www.olyarms.com/images/f7rtight.jpg[/img]
I've got a Trijicon Reflex mounted on it and it's very sturdy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't experienced any problems with the FIRSH. My original intentions were to get the FIRSH just to free-float the barrel, but have since added a forward grip. It did seem to tighten the groups somewhat, more consistent. Hell of a deal for $90, IMO of course.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I never had any problems with mine before I sold it. Definitely read the info in the link that was posted.

Oh yeah, make sure your caps lock key is off in the future.[;)]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a very good value for the money and I'd say its probably about the best of the other handgaurd systems in its league. There are better systems out there, but there is a stiff price increase when moving from the FIRSH to something like the ARMS SIR or KAC RAS 2 etc. Not many people will feel like the advantages of these other systems will justify the large price difference. In which case the FIRSH is a very good choice. If, on the other hand, money is not as much of an object and you want the added advnatages (that you will read about in the above listed thread) the RAS 2 and SIR are still unchallenged as the champs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
You can hang the kitchen sink on the FIRSH without a problem. They do have 2 locking croos bolts now instead of the one pictured. All the new FIRSH will have the 2 locking nuts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top