Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 1:11:55 PM EDT
Other than Mega, anyone know where I can buy a set?
I would like to match the Troy TRX if possible.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
USanodizing is always an option....they do outstanding work, never seen em turn out a lemon
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
seem to recall Fail-Zero putting out uppers in FDE... or maybe that was matte grey/OD/ and black...

Like $150 a pop but they also have the NiB coating.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
that's it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The problem your going to have (which is why more people dont do it) is the anodizing process is VERY difficult to get perfect, you end up with different parts with different shades of color.  

It is a time consuming and expensive process to get the color match.  

So i think thats what makes alot of companies shy away from it, its just expensive and difficult to do right, especially if your having batches done... 1 batch of 100 parts will be one shade.. another batch will be a slightly darker shade.

Only a few companies (US Anodizing) will even mess with it.  

I guess with the market  the demand just isnt there to make it a cost effective profit return, especially with the high risk of mismatching colors.

Thats what i seem to recall hearing anyways.

I would almost promise you that the cost to color match your troy rail perfectly would be ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Aero Precision is going down this path for Surplus Ammo & Arms (Uppers & Lowers).  Check them out, as they have 5 or 6 different colors coming out shortly, one being FDE.  They will be only offered under the SAA name.  SAA or AP, either way quality product.

Here are some AP's pics showing the various colors.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15317&id=113400445350530
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
C3 defense has natural earth and dark earth.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I could be wrong but I don't think the C3's are anodized.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Aero Precision is going down this path for Surplus Ammo & Arms (Uppers & Lowers).  Check them out, as they have 5 or 6 different colors coming out shortly, one being FDE.  They will be only offered under the SAA name.  SAA or AP, either way quality product.

Here are some AP's pics showing the various colors.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15317&id=113400445350530

When can we get these?  

Methinks I need a GREEN!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The one I bought is.

The Dark Earth is really dark, almost a chocolate brown.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The one I bought is.

The Dark Earth is really dark, almost a chocolate brown.
Quoted:

Nice, I thought they were coated because their colors are very rich. I bet they dip the lowers and uppers at the same time. Did you get a set and if you did, how was the color match?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top