Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:33:55 AM EDT
On advice here, I had replaced the FCG pins in my SBR Colt 9mm with the KNS antirotational pins as a hedge against damage to a registered lower.
The matter came up elsewhere and led to a discussion with a Geissele rep.  His firmly held opinion was that the KNS pins were neither hard enough nor in spec enough for best results in the Geissele trigger group, in this case one of my SSAs.  
He felt strongly enough about it to send replacement pins, since YrObSvt  had misplaced the originals in the clutter of my shop.  I know they putt their trigger groups thru' thousands/thousands of cycles in testing, so it's my best guess that they would know the right answer to the question.

It's not my intention to start a pissing contest between KNS and Geissele, but I really like Geissele triggers, and tend to respect their opinion in the matter, and have gone back to their pins in my carbine.

Just so  ya' know,
Moon
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Stick with the Geisselle pins. If they felt the anti rotation feature was of some value, Geisselle would produce something similar to capitalize on the apparent demand for this bandaid fix.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stick with the Geisselle pins. If they felt the anti rotation feature was of some value, Geisselle would produce something similar to capitalize on the apparent demand for this bandaid fix.

I have a lot of respect for Geissele's engineering expertise and market acumen; that's why I took their advice.
Moon
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top