BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2003 8:57:53 AM EDT
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79922&highlight=sign
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79922&highlight=sign[/url]

must be new since i've been there.  don't remember seeing a sign.  pretty f___ng stupid if you ask me.

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
what is FAC?  that other thread just refers to that place as FAC also..
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the fact that they claim it is to provide for the security of their employees.

What utter and complete horseshit!!

Cheers!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Real simple solution.  Dont buy their product.  Words dont matter to businesses... just money.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
what is FAC?  that other thread just refers to that place as FAC also..
View Quote

Federal Arms
www.gunsnstuff.net
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]
it's not even a store.  just a warehouse.  you can go in the office with a catalog and buy stuff there though.  you can't look at any of it before you buy.  i've bought a couple milsurp rifles and cases of ammo.  saved a ton on shipping and tranfers fees.

i'll still go there.  it is stupid though.  

i wonder if the owner bitches when he goes to a business while ccw'ing?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I posted that factoid right after the MN CCW law went into effect early this summer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Sterling Jewlers, the largest retail jewelry operation in the Country, has their Headquarter, warehouse, and distribution center in Akron Ohio.  There are clocks conspicuously placed in all rooms and offices.  Upon entering the building ALL persons remove their personal jewelry including watches and wedding rings.  These are securely stored with security and reclaimed upon departure, For VIPs, who are going to be there for more than an hour, these items are even cleaned and any observable repairs are done durring their visit.  Noone however wears jewelry of any kind on their person while inside the facility.  This way, they know that all the jewelry inside is the property of the company and prevents anyone from being falsely accused of lifting a pistol, er um, diamond or two.

How do I know this you may wonder?  I had a candidate who was interviewing for their Director of distribution position.  He had a wedding ring he couldn't remove.  A Jewler came out, cut the band off, measured his finger and advised him the ring was too tight and was cutting off circulation.  Jeweler told him not to worry.  He aced the 90 minute interview, when he came back, the ring was resized, repaird and all the 20 years of scratches had been removed.  It was better than new.  That guy is now that Jewelers boss.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, at one of my favorite local gunshops, they prefer you do not carry concealed into the shop because they get tired of customers whipping out their handguns in an unsafe manner to show them to the employees or other customers.  Too many times the pistol is cocked and not locked, dropped, waved around and pointed at others while cocked, fingers in the trigger, etc...  Not everyone does that, just the ignorant, and they see too many of those.  They prefer you have them out, bolt open/removed or slide back, or just don't pull them out in the first place.  They don't even need the customers help in defending the place if it came to that, all the employees are required to remain armed at all times while on duty in the shop.  Trust me, they are ready to use them too. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]ANY[/b] firearms manufacturer or distributor that allows people to carry firearms is asking for trouble.  Not because of any bullshit safety issues, but because they need to control what's walking out the door at the end of each shift.  "What's that?  No, I brought all these pistols to work with me this morning.  I've got my CCW and you know you can never carry too many spares in case something breaks."
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:43:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Even stupid thieves can just hide what they are stealing, postive control of inventory is what is required.

P.S. FAC barrels really SUCK!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Even stupid thieves can just hide what they are stealing, postive control of inventory is what is required.
View Quote

If they were smart they'd pass you through a metal detector on the way in and again on the way back out, which would make hiding it much more difficult.  There can still be leakage, and always will be, leakage but this is a one good way of reducing it.

P.S. I agree completely about the quality of FAC barrels.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top