Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:04:30 AM EDT
Still snooping around for a scope on my new A3 build.

What are the optimum eye-releif and scope (rear element) position on an A3 upper. It looks like most scopes have about 3" of eye releif. Yet, the much acclaimed ACOGs only have about 1.5"?

It seems like the rear element needs to be about even with the charging handle, with my eye at maybe 3" behind that.

What do you like?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:19:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 7:21:28 AM EDT by twonami]
eye relief on all magnified scopes is here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:11:41 PM EDT
I didn't like where my head sat on the buttstock. I kept creeping too far farward and getting out of the eye relief range. So I ended up getting a riser/rail extender and placed my scope eyepiece about 1" further forward than is pictured above. Helps tremendously.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:16:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:
I didn't like where my head sat on the buttstock. I kept creeping too far farward and getting out of the eye relief range. So I ended up getting a riser/rail extender and placed my scope eyepiece about 1" further forward than is pictured above. Helps tremendously.

i agree with this.......i taught myself to shoot nose to charging handle. i guess it might come from a few years shooting a bow. so when i scoped my ar i didnt like it at first, then i found a mount that put the scope further forward. that helped a bunch. points of reference (just making sure your are in the same position every time you sqeaze the trigger) are a huge help

Brett
Top Top