Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 5:28:01 PM EDT
Would a wolf CS extractor spring, w/ black insert, and D fender ring be over-kill? Whats the life of a D fender ring?  Is there a better model thats similar on the market?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
the d-fender is the real deal and i have one with about 4k rds on it and after a shot of brake clean it looks brand new.

i use the std spring and the d-fender only
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I know of people using just the WOLF spring alone that have excellent results... It is recommended by WOLF to use the black rubber insert with the spring... An added D-fender ring isn't going to hurt...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
But will adding the D fender, to the wolf spring w/ black insert make anything wear out faster? Like say, the extractor itself?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a D-Fender and have not yet gone to the range to try it out. But when I installed it, the extractor was awfully hard to mash down in order to reinsert the retaining pin. Is that the whole point of this little ring?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
If that is overkill, I really over do it. I use a Smith Enterprises chrome extractor, wolff extra power spring, black insert, and D-ring. I've never had a FTE.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Smith Enterprises = DPMS that was chromed

I dont hink using a DPMS extractor is over doing it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:52:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Where did you find that information? None of the info that I've read on SE gave any indication that they were importing their bolt parts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Actually, using a DPMS extractor might be considered UNDER doing it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top