Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 12:39:31 PM EDT
Hello Everyone,

Well I was out at my local shop today and he had 5 of these bushmasters that I have never seen before. He told me they were "special edition" shorty A1 carbines. They had a 16 inch barrel with no FH or MB on the end, a short A1 style buttstock, and a fixed handle upper with what looked like A1 sights (I am not sure though since I have never seen A1 sights up close). The clerk also told me that the sights were unadjustable!?! have
So if I could please have your opinions on this rifle I would appreciate it!

BTW: I found a picture of one of these carbines at http://www.titegroupsporting.com/bushmaster3.htm

It is the middle picture at the very bottom of the page.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
My Bushy has A1 sights- the rear sights are adjustable for windage, the front sight adjusts elevation- they aren't as fine of an adjustment as A2 sights, but I like them better.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It's really hard to tell by that picture, but it looks like that pic has A2 sights on the upper.

What you are describving is a Bushmaster A1 upper with their 'Superlight' barrel and the 'Shorty' stock.  The stock is shorter than an A1 stock.  More like the length of a collapsable stock fully closed.

The A1 upper can be adjusted with the tip of a round, a punch or a sight tool.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info, I was kind of skeptical when he said the sights were not adjustable...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanks for the info, I was kind of skeptical when he said the sights were not adjustable...

That is UNLESS Bushmaster has some top secret rifle I haven't heard of yet.

Here's a pic from their website:

This is the Bushmaster Superlight w/ Stubby Stock.  It has an A2 upper on this one.  On the website they only offer the A2 or A3 (flattop) uppers.

This is an A2 upper:

Stripped A2 upper:

and the A2 rear sight:

and this is an A1 upper:

Stripped A1 upper:

Notice how the A2 sight is a separate unit from the A2 upper and the A1 rer sight is intergratd into the upper:

Now for the A1 sights you can see the holes for adjustment, and as I stated you could use a round, a punch or the sight adjustment tool (the 5 pronged A1 sight too is on the right)

or they even sell a knob you can put on:

All these items were found on Busmaster's web sight and are available from them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The above photo does not depict an "A1" upper. The A1 does not have a shell deflector.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster did make some Y2K special edition rifles with A1 (C7) uppers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The above photo does not depict an "A1" upper. The A1 does not have a shell deflector.

True, but doesn't everyone base their A1 and A2 labeling on the sights, not the F/A or deflector?

Technically wrong, I suppose, but its logical.  

- BG
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bushmaster did make some Y2K special edition rifles with A1 (C7) uppers.

Didn't that have the 11.5 inch + 5.5 inch AK break bbl on them?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I realy appreciate the info you guys have given me. It seems the clerk was just confused about the "A1 nonadjustable sights" issue and it realy wasn't a "special edition", just the superlight stubby. I will propbalby just hold out for AIM to get their bushmasters in and go pick one up with all of the evil features. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, that's it! Thanks for finding that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sorry, I meant Bushmaster's A1 upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top