Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 7:59:49 PM EDT
I put an order into Essential Arms a few weeks ago, and ran into a snafu with my regular FFL, and had to get another FFL to send paperwork to get my lowers coming, which delayed everything.  After not seeing the lowers yet, and looking up and finding that Krotz Springs is in south central LA- -pretty much directly in the eye path, I thought I would call and see what was happening.

Finally got through to someone today (the owner I assume), and asked how he was doing- -"lost 8 big trees between the road and the shop, phone service is spotty, and we don't expect to have power back up until Sunday or Monday."  He said that the shop and inventory came through ok.  They've been without power since Gustav came through Sept 1st, and was delayed on his cleanup efforts due to the live power lines under the 8 big trees on his driveway- -the power lines were still live, so they couldn't remove the downed trees until the power co shut off the power.  UPS can't deliver to him yet.

Very personable guy, in spite of his situation, he wanted to check into my order!  I told him that he has more important things to do, and I'll call back in a couple weeks.

Thought I should update the hive on the situation- -seem like good people in a tough situation.  He's hoping to be back in operation Monday.    
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
bravo to you and all the best to EA. hope all works smooth and true. we all are hoping for the best but expecting the worst. again bravo for your patience and understanding with the folks at EA and keep the good karma rolling.
                                                     kenny AKA glocknutt in NC.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Very good folks at EA.  Thanks for the heads up... like I need a good reason for another lower...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top