Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2002 6:53:05 PM EDT
I did a search on Essential Arms AR's before posting this any many comment on "Get it if its a good price."  So I need to know what is a good price. I am aware that EA made lowers and the carbine is more or less a "kit". The lower is in excellent condition and numbered in the 38,000's. It has an A1 upper with 16 barrel and a three-position collapsible stock. Other than the receiver, the only other markings I can find on anything are the letters D and K on the carry handle of the upper. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I can get it for $600.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/pictures/EA15.jpg
I read the "Essential vs. Colt" post earlier today and prices weren't being discussed yet. I just took the time to re-read it and my main question seems to have been answered. Feel free to give me your opinions anyway. If anything just tell me I'd be dumb not to buy it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The lower looks to be in great condition.  I would highly recommend buying it...if you don't then tell me how I can get ahold of the people selling it and I'll call them tomorrow with my credit card number! [:)]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy it!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Essential Arms lowers are crap, the rifles suck more...  Give me this persons contact info and I'll rip them one for trying to rip you off!  Bastards!
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You need to talk them down from that price.
The upper and lower don't have matching colors and the recoil buffer spring tube is PURPLE!
It also has an A2 grip with an A1 upper and the flash hider is the wrong one.

I would say it is worth at the MOST $350.00.

{x}
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If anyone is interested an EA rifle was just listed in the EE for $1050.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advise guys. I don't think I will let this one pass buy. The price definitely seems to be right.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the owner have documentation that it was a completed rifle prior to the Sept. 13, 1984 ban?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does the owner have documentation that it was a completed rifle prior to the Sept. 13, 1984 ban?
View Quote

With EE being out of business before the ban, I'd say that Joe doesn't have anything to worry about.  It would be damn near impossible for the ATF to prove that it WASN'T an assembled AW before the ban.  

Oh...and you may want to double check your date.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 4:33:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean 1994, right?
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#10]
$600 for a complete preban is a steal.  Snatch it up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top