Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 4:36:38 PM EDT
I've got this EA cast lower with gray finish.  Is it parked or in natural color?  What can I do to make it match modern black uppers?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Refinish or paint it. It is anodized and dyed that color most likely. I have never seen an upper that would match it. Even the old Colt and old Eagle Arms are a different shade of grey.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing is exact unless it comes from the same lot.  Refinish both upper & lower, and you will be all set.  It is easy and doesn't cost much at all.  Check out this link for more info on a simple "how to" guide.

www.glocksunlocked.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10200

Here is a upper/ lower combo I did in dark grey.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Many years ago there were gray uppers that matched the EA lowers.  The EA lowers are very close (almost exactly) to the dry moly gray finish of USGI mags (Sandstrom dry moly).

I will be stripping off some crappy looking Krylon from an EA lower next week, and spraying with Norrell's flat black.

BTW, you can parkerize steel, but not aluminum.  

I like that gray-black on Stickman's picture above!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top