Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2005 10:01:00 AM EDT
I know it works, but HOW well does it work?  Clarity, FOV, etc...

Also, what mount for the manifier, LaRue?  I am using a LaRue mount for the EO.

I am looking to hear from those who have expereince with this set up.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a chance to shoot that combo out to 100 yrds, it is good to go... I was told it will not be as accurate out pass 300, the accuracy will degrade with distance...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had a chance to shoot that combo out to 100 yrds, it is good to go... I was told it will not be as accurate out pass 300, the accuracy will degrade with distance...

Why?  How does that work?  Doesn't that seem counter productive, to have a magnifier for distance yet have the accuracy degrade...I know it was not designed for the EO but still...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  How does that work?  Doesn't that seem counter productive, to have a magnifier for distance yet have the accuracy degrade...I know it was not designed for the EO but still...

The reticle on the EOTech is a projection system the accuracy will begin to degrade after 600m not 300m. I am sorry for misquote my EOTech info... I had to recheck my notes.  I forgot the techno info on why the projection has that problem.  the newer EOTech will be build with tighter projection for further out shots.

This is why Aimpoint beat EOtech to the market with the Magnifier even though the idea originally came from EOTech at 2003 Shotshow prototype.

This is why the magnifier EOTech produce will not be backwards compatible.

Even though the problem begins at the ragged edge of the magnfier's power range but for military customers, EOTech does not want to take any chances...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting, thanks for the info.  But when you used it, was it clear as normal, reticle that is?  Meaning, the pixalated circle was not accentuated by the magnification?  Essentially, did it look clear?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool Boom.  I haven't read it through yet, but overall did you like it?  I also take it that the LaRue mag mount is too high to mount to the back of the LT EO mount?...

If so too bad... I am out of room on my upper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you shot the combo passed 600 yards?  SMG said it looses accuracy beyong that range.

Boom, what mount are you using for the magnifer on the EO mount?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top