Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:32:17 AM EDT
Am I the only one who has this problem?  I suppose after I first noticed the screw loosening I should have used some Loctite, but I figured a big screwdriver alone was enough.

I was wrong.  At least now I know the sight can bounce off the concrete and keep working

I am trying hard to like this sight, but I never had an Aimpoint fall off...
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Several thousand rounds through my bushy M4 with EO tech and have not had to tighten it once after initial installation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I just use a coin to tighten it down, and I've never had mine come loose.  If you do use loctite, make sure you don't use the type that requires heat to loosen or you may end up tearing up the mount if you want to remove it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Tighten your thumb screw until hand tight, then take a coin and give it quarter to half turn.  it will stay on until you remove it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top