Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:49:47 AM EDT
I know this has been asked before but I haven't found a satisfying answer.

I have an Eotech on my HK94 and a laser as well.

I prop the gun up on a table and point the laser at the vertical line formed by the corner of the room about 15' away. I then look through the Eotech and with the reticle centered in the window the two red dots are on top of each other.

Then I move my head so that I can still see the entire reticle in the Eotech window, but the reticle is offset to the side. The Eotech POA no longer coincides with the laser. It is offset by a couple inches.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You still have not asked a question.  

However if you had the answer would be no optic is parallax free, only reduced parallax.

Try the experiment again at 25 yards and you  wont get the same results.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

However if you had the answer would be no optic is parallax free, only reduced parallax.

+1

The EOTech is parallax free after 25 or 50yds. Any distance less than that, the POI shifts a bit as you have found out.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The EOTech is parallax free after 25 or 50yds. Any distance less than that, the POI shifts a bit as you have found out.

WIZZO

+1
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Okay, the question is "What the #~$(?"

Thanks for the answer, Amazing Carnack! I didn't know it was range-sensitive. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll tell you same thing as I told the guy with the Aimpoint and same question.
If your shooting Dimes at less than 25m, then yes you have a problem, wrong Optic and wrong rifle. (send them to me)
If you are training to shoot anything else, Like Human size targets, then relax it will get the job done just fine.

chuck
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
No optic is 100% parallax free at all distances.  Every optic will have parallax correction set at a certain distance.  

The non-magnified red dot optics like EOTech and Aimpoint will have parallax correction set at shorter distances then magnified optics but they will still exhibit parallax at very short distances.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Correct. Thought everyone knew this already.

C4

Old news for us but FNG's are still learning...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top