Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 11:17:18 AM EDT
Can you mount an Eotech on the upper handguard portion of the RAS II in front of the "hump"? If so, is it a stable enough ptlatform for optics to maintain zero?  Will it Cowitness with the irons?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, yes and yes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Only the N cell battery model will fit on the RAS forward section. The AA battery version will fit but you can't access the battery compartment.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
However, an Aimpoint can fit behind, on top of, or forward of the RASII hump

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Lumpy is that you Hate EOtechs or you love Aimpoints? or both? hehehehe

Are there any benifits to mounting your sight that far forward? I had intended to put mine on the top of the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Lumpy is that you Hate EOtechs or you love Aimpoints? or both? hehehehe

Just harassing my friend SMGLee.

I like them both, I just prefer Aimpoint for several reasons.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Lumpy, You biyach!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Only the N cell battery model will fit on the RAS forward section. The AA battery version will fit but you can't access the battery compartment.

FWIW, I have my "AA" model mounted and can get the batts in or out SMG, it's gotta be in the first notch tho just forward of the hump, one back of where your N model is mounted.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 2:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

www.cltactical.com/KAC/RAS2-3.jpg

acually... this is NOT true... at least according to another person who emailed photos of it to me... he did mount a AA version forward of the hump and was able to get the batteries off...

if ANYONE would like to see these images... i will email them to you...

he somehow mounted it very far back to the rear toward the hump... he somehow got it way more than anyone else could..

i still don't like eotechs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top