Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2005 6:00:10 PM EDT
I have an Eotech (AA battery model) mounted forward on an LE6920 flat top picatinny rail.
I want to get a free-float foreend, and the KAC is attractive because it is "user installed", and because all the KAC stuff I have works OK. However, the foreward part of the receiver rail is noe coverd up by the RAS II's own short rail. Can I still mount my EOTeCH on this short piece of rail?
and BTW, is the KAC RAS II OK?

Jorge
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not think you can mount the AA version IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not going to have much luck mounting an EOTech on the hump. The RAS II is good. Mounting the EOTech forward (see pic) makes for a bit of a forward balanced carbine. You might consider using an Aimpoint as there are mounts using the hump and giving a more neutral balance.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You could mount an EO on the hump if you like, but it will sit too high to co-witness.

I tried it once just messing around.  It mounts fine, just a bit high.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the great answers guys!
I have an Aimpoint on an ARMS mount allready, but I am partial to the EOTECH on this carbine.
Maybe I should go with an ARMS SIR or an RAS Free Floater (but this one goes to a smith for install:-(

Thanks again,

Jorge
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The RAS II is a great system, but it is not EO friendly.

On a rifle that will be using an EO, I would just slap on a plain old RAS.  There are other user-installed FF RASs out there though, if you insist on a FF.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The RAS II is a great system, but it is not EO friendly.

On a rifle that will be using an EO, I would just slap on a plain old RAS.  There are other user-installed FF RASs out there though, if you insist on a FF.  

RAS is how I roll.  When the EOTech is mounted on mine, it's in the same place as the hump, but holy shit, it cowitnesses.  I like that setup very much.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Will an Aimpoint in an ARMS 22M68 mount co-witness if mounted on the RAS II hump?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Will an Aimpoint in an ARMS 22M68 mount co-witness if mounted on the RAS II hump?

Yes it will.
A Troy/Samson system would be the way to go. Freefloats the barrel, allows co-witnessing and is easily installed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Just get the RAS II, use your EoTech till it breaks...then get the aimpoint and your setup will be perfect!

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just get the RAS II, use your EoTech till it breaks...then get the aimpoint and your setup will be perfect!

Or till the batteries run dry
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:12:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Affirm.  I'm running that setup on one of mine now.  RASII, M68 in ARMS 22M682, and ARMS 40LP/SP.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
You could try what I did. I took an A.R.M.S. #38 and cut it down to fit.

http://members.iolinc.net/wvsar/DSC02972.JPG

http://members.iolinc.net/wvsar/DSC02973.JPG
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You could try what I did. I took an A.R.M.S. #38 and cut it down to fit.

members.iolinc.net/wvsar/DSC02972.JPG

members.iolinc.net/wvsar/DSC02973.JPG

That's something you don't see every day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#14]
lol yeah, it's been converted to a SIR
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
But with a BUIS build in and at a cost Less then a SIR.  

I will admit the cost of the #38 wasn't the $165 listed on A.R.M.S. I got it from a gentleman who had done his own mod on it, didn't want it any more and then sold it to me at a steep discount so i had no problem cutting it down.

personally I wouldn't suggest running out, paying $165 for one and then start cutting chunks off it. But what a person does with their toys is up to them.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Indeed, I love the ingenuity

As I recall, the RASII prototype was close something like this, with raised rails all the way back to the shell deflector.

Go here to view the page of our esteemed Quarterbore's excellent website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top