Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:29:44 AM EDT
I just got my new AR for christmas. It uses a new bushy m4 14.5 upper with phantom and an Eotech 512. The stock CAR handguards are what I am using. I have the eotech mounted so the peice that tightens (when you flip it upside down, while it is removed, you see a 1" portion of the railing ineterface that tightens with the screw) is on the rail, however, much of portion after that is hanging off over the CAR handguards. Is this ok? Last time I went to the range, I zeroed at 75 ft, then shot at 50 ft for about 100 rounds, then shot at 75 fts. When I inspected the target, all of my rounds were up and to the right by a few inches. This was the same grouping I got when I initially came to the range, before zeroing. What happened, did I not tighten it down enough? ( I followed the instructions on the orange slip for the big screw replacement thingy)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:58:18 AM EDT
[#1]
make sure it isnt contacting the delta ring, i have seen others mount their eotech forward without any problems
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
make sure it isnt contacting the delta ring, i have seen others mount their eotech forward without any problems

Mine is just barely not-touching the handguards. There is no contact with the delta ring. The manual refers to a 1" rail, which is the same legnth as the internal peice that can tighten. Going by that, there should be no problem, so long as that portion is seated solidly on the rail?herehttp://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/Grant's%20M4%20side%20view.JPG
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top