Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:01:14 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster carbine which currently has an A1 upper. I want an Eotech 552 on this rifle as my other AR's are 20" and 24" barreled weapons, and I am happy with their setups.  I have considered the Bennie Cooley mount, but I really don't want to go that route, too far forward for me. For just a little more money I can send my upper to Bushmaster and get a flattop installed for cost + return shipping, then maybe sell the A1 upper on the equipment exchange or use on a future project.  My question is with the Eotech mounted directly on the flattop, how will the front sight appear? I DO NOT want direct alignment with the front sight, and would like for it to be in the lower portion of the field of view. Does anyone have a picture through an Eotech with a standard fixed front sight and no rear sight, i.e. Back up folded down or no sight at all. WOuld this require some kind of riser?
Thanks in advance to all.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
look through the reticle pictures at the top of this page i think there are  some pics of the Eotech and the cowitness picture.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No riser on a flattop puts eotech's dot right on the top of the front sight.

You need a riser (laRue, YHM, etc) if you prefer a bottom 1/3 co-witness with iron BUIS.

If  you aren't using a rear sight, its a moot point, as all you have to do is raise your cheekweld a hair and the dot will be above the front sight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No riser on a flattop puts eotech's dot right on the top of the front sight.

You need a riser (laRue, YHM, etc) if you prefer a bottom 1/3 co-witness with iron BUIS.

If  you aren't using a rear sight, its a moot point, as all you have to do is raise your cheekweld a hair and the dot will be above the front sight.

sobrbiker883 - thanks for the response, I won't be using a BUIS, so by simply raising my cheekweld, I should get the sight picture I desire? This will raise the dot above the sight?
I am struggling with the decision to go this route or purchase a new complete upper such as a Stag Arms model 3H that has a flattop and a gas block with rails instead of a front sight. I really like my 14.5"  A1 upper,  it has a Kurt's custom phantom flash hider I had installed after the sunset of the ban (got rid of that ugly AK style brake from Bushmaster)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top