Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
Hello.

I've tried to read all the numerous threads on the subject but am still a bit confused.
Maybe someone could write a little FAQ post about the mounting solutions?

Let's say I have an Eotech, and want to put an Aimpoint Magnifier behind it.
What parts do I exactly need with the different mounts to make it work?

I'm especially interested in the Samson Quick Flip mount.
What do I need in addition to the Samson mount and the Magnifier? The ring? Is some kind of spacer needed? Something else to consider?

What about the Aimpoint twist mount? Spacer needed or something?

Other mounting solutions worth considering?

Thanks!

Ps. Also feel free to (re)post your pictures of the combo in question.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're mounting an EO Tech directly to the receiver, then you can use the Samson flip mount. The magnifier has (4) screw holes on the bottom that match up with the Samson mount. You don't need anything else but the magnifier and the Samson mount to use it with the EO Tech.

If you're using the Aimpoint twist mount, you don't need any spacers.

For the example you gave, it's really that simple. There are a couple of pics halfway down this thread of an EO Tech with an Aimpoint magnifier mounted with the Samson mount.

The general opinion around here is that the Samson mount is the best set-up for the Aimpoint magnifier. The reason being that you can have it on your rifle but flip it up or down depending on the range your target is at. The Aimpoint mount is nice because you can easily attach it with one hand which is not the case with a standard QD mount like the Larue M68 CCO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The magnifier has (4) screw holes on the bottom that match up with the Samson mount. You don't need anything else but the magnifier and the Samson mount to use it with the EO Tech.

OK, it seems so obvious now So I guess the screws come with either the mount or the magnifier

Quoted:
There are a couple of pics halfway down this thread

I've been following the thread but couldn't see the pics until today, only got a bandwith exceeded placard.

It appears the distance between the magnifier and the sight is not important? Some people have them almost touching, some seem to have several inches between.
Does the magnifier have a fixed eye relief or can it be pretty freely placed in this regard too?
Just want to make 100% sure I know what I'm doing before committing...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK, it seems so obvious now So I guess the screws come with either the mount or the magnifier

The screws come with the mount.

I've been following the thread but couldn't see the pics until today, only got a bandwith exceeded placard. It appears the distance between the magnifier and the sight is not important? Some people have them almost touching, some seem to have several inches between. Does the magnifier have a fixed eye relief or can it be pretty freely placed in this regard too? Just want to make 100% sure I know what I'm doing before committing... Thanks!
The distance betweent the optic and magnifier is not critical.  The eye relief is decent, around 3 inches or so. I never actually measured it but it around twice as much as my TA-31 which is 1.5".
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I was curious about the view through the magnifier when using the EOTech.  I spelunked through the archives but couldn't find the answer.  Is the front sight still partially visible?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was curious about the view through the magnifier when using the EOTech.  I spelunked through the archives but couldn't find the answer.  Is the front sight still partially visible?

At 3X, regardless of the magnifier or optic, the FSP is just a blur.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top