Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:48:07 PM EDT
Has anyone tried one yet? How are they as far as dependability goes?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried one yet? How are they as far as dependability goes?

I've had a XPS 1-0 and I like it, its accurate and it turns on whenever I push the button. I've yet to "Thrash" on it but I have no fear that it will quit working during said thrashing
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and love it.  No problems yet, although I haven't really thrashed mine either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see a reason to get anything other than the XPS 2-0 (or 3-0 for NV) if you want an EOTech.  The transverse battery mounting and improved battery life (in addition to sharing 123A's with weaponlights) makes them easily the best units L3 has come out with.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
They work very well!  Light, small, affordable...what's not to love!?!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Love XPS2-0. Like the other Eotechs, it's built like a tank and is heavy, but I'm more accurate with it than with the irons, and it's obviously quicker. I would wish for auto-brightness control, but you can live without that. Most people don't like it that I have mine as far back as possible, but I can still get to the buttons. The advantage is a bigger field of view the closer you are to it, plus keeping the weight to the rear as much as possible. If it wasn't for the back-up sight, I might have it all the way back. On my Colt 6721, the ARMS sight and Eotech are in absolute co-witness. The great thing about any good holographic sight is that you don't have to line up the reticle/dot with anything - wherever it appears in your field of view, that's where the shot goes. I have mine loosely zeroed at 50 yds which takes the M855 about 3" high at 100. This should be good out to 200, and I doubt I'll ever take a serious shot with this carbine beyond that. But if I did, the 65MOA circular reticle serves also as a ranging device for the longer shots.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Dupe: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=509617&light=xps
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top