Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:11:52 PM EDT
I called them up today to order some spare parts. I installed a GG&G throw lever (POS by the way) and I recently bought a Larue mount. I lost the original bolts for the dust cover and the cross bolt. Anyway they sent the parts I needed free.

I switched to the larue because the GG&G mount was not returning to 0. It was moving about 1.5 inches on the horizantal plane. My ACOG on Larue mounts always returned to 0 so I decided to go Larue all the way.
Pat
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:03:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:56:12 AM EDT
Yeah I like my new 551 EOTECH

it sit on my LMT14.5 M4

I dont like the idea of a mount on a mount.

Im not knocking anyone who use the Larue/GGG mounts/etc!

maybe EOTECH will do something better?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:22:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJ:
Yeah I like my new 551 EOTECH

it sit on my LMT14.5 M4

I dont like the idea of a mount on a mount.

Im not knocking anyone who use the Larue/GGG mounts/etc!

maybe EOTECH will do something better?

I wanted quick release ability so I can throw my ACOG on the gun when needed. So I had to have some kind of quick release mount. The GG&G mount sucked for me. But so far I like the Larue mount. I even like the fact it sits a tad higher.
Pat
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:56:37 PM EDT
Was the accucam on tight? Mine is VERY tight when engaged but with the way it is installed the first time, I could see the possiblity of it not being tight enough but still attaching. This could cause accuracy problems.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:59:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fq1234:
Was the accucam on tight? Mine is VERY tight when engaged but with the way it is installed the first time, I could see the possiblity of it not being tight enough but still attaching. This could cause accuracy problems.

It was tight. It did not have accuracy problems once on. The problem was the zero varied each time I removed it from the rifle by as much as 1.5 inches.
Pat
Top Top