Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2010 10:35:42 AM EDT
I have the 511 with the N batteries.  I only took it out once since I put new batteries in it 3 months ago.  I didnt leave it on and the batteries are already dead.  Do I have a problem or are Duracells just junk?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope that's how the N Eotechs work. They have battery drain when not in use even when off.  Solution is to take the batteries out when your not going to use it for a while. Or replace it with another version that uses different batteries.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear the "Rev F" has less of this issue.  does your have a REV F on the side?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have the 511 with the N batteries.  I only took it out once since I put new batteries in it 3 months ago.  I didnt leave it on and the batteries are already dead.  Do I have a problem or are Duracells EoTechs just junk?

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol, yep that's "normal operation" for my eotech too.

I just pop the battery compartment lever open and leave it on the optic but not making electrical contact and that's solved the problem for me.

I will say that I have had a LOT of batteries (Duracell, energizer both) lately that have been leaking. I think they're just trying to cut costs on materials but I've had 2 camera flashes ruined and 2 flashlights. The battery manufacturers paid for all of them but it's still a big pain in the ass to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The 511 model with N cell batteries is the model most responsible for giving Eotech sights a bad reputation with battery life.

Eotech should recall all of them left in service and replace them with free XPS models and be done with it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The 511 model with N cell batteries is the model most responsible for giving Eotech sights a bad reputation with battery life.

Eotech should recall all of them left in service and replace them with free XPS models Aimpoints and be done with it.

Jeeze, ya left that wide open man!

BSW

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eotech should recall all of them left in service and replace them with free XPS models Aimpoints and be done with it.

Jeeze, ya left that wide open man!

BSW

The Aimpoint fanboys can't ever seem to let anyone else talk about Eotechs without butting in.

(And I have ACOGs, Eotechs, and Aimpoints myself)

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
My 512 doesn't drain batteries and I love it. My 511 sucked batteries like a mad man, sold it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hear the "Rev F" has less of this issue.  does your have a REV F on the side?

I have a 551 EOTech that uses the N type batteries and this is the first time I have ever heard of the battery drain, and my 551 is a rev F, so maybe they did fix the problem. I have that optic mounted on a 5.45x39 Romanian AK, but sometimes switch to a Mossberg 500 12 GA persuader and have not had any battery issues. I bought way too many N type batteries about 4 years ago, so I just turn the 551 on and let it cycle through the 8 hour auto shut off. I'm still trying to burn thru all these extra N type batteries, which on that model, will last 200 hrs at best according to the specs for this sight.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the input everybody.  It is a rev f, so I guess they didnt fix that problem afterall.  Oh well, I guess I'll just pop the battery cover open like observer does.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top