Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 12:36:02 PM EDT
Not sure if this is a 6920 problem or if it is the same with all stock handguards. But just mounting the Eotech to the top rail with no riser the Eotech can't be mounted very far forward as it hits the top of the handguard. Is there another plastic handguard I could use that is a lower profile? Eventually I plan on installing a Omega rail, but don't have the money right now. I was able to get both the Eotech 512 and the YHM BUIS installed but it is close and cramped. The BUIS hangs over the top of the charging handle making charging the weapon not so easy for large hands. I am assuming the Omega 's top rail will end up being on the same plane as the rifles?  Is this correct?
Thanks for the help. BTW I simply love this optic!!!

NCH
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If your Colt has the larger M4 handguards, then the 512 probably won't be able to extend much past the front of the upper receiver. You should be able to mount it so the front of the EOTech is over the delta ring. Then the BUIS should mount behind the EOTech. It will probably be pretty tight between the front of the BUIS and the rear of the EOTech.

A pic would help.

The easiest thing to do is just buy a set of regular carbine handguards off the EE here and replace the M4 handguards with those.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exactly what I have. I didn't know the M4 handguards were taller. I have a set of Bushy Carbine handguards sitting in a box. I may  put them on there.
Thanks for the help and info.

NCH
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Those will do the trick (for free!) as long as you don't mind the slightly different look/feel.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be ordering the Omega handguards in another month or two. May leave it alone until I get them, either way it will be short lived. Thanks again for all the help.

NCH
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top