Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2005 2:21:43 PM EDT
I have an LMT 16 incher and was considering an Eotech 512.  What kind of mount if any are you guys using.  Also what kind of BUIS do you use?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I mounted mine directly to the receiver's rail, no mount.  I use a Troy flip up BUIS.

I had the RRA Dominator, great mount with built in A2 style BUIS (similiar if not the same as the LMT or cut carry handle).  But I sold it because I felt I did not need it.  I like it best with the EOTech mounted directly to the upper, the FSP doesn't get in the way for me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
EOTech's come with a built in mount, so I assume you mean what other mounts are used.  

The 2 most popular seem to be the LaRue, which raises the sight slightly so the front sight post sits lower in the window, and the GG&G Accucam which replaces the factory thumb screw with a throwlever.

I use the factory mount, so for a BUIS, I prefer the flip-up type.  I'm using an ARMS #40.  Troy Industries makes a flip up BUIS that seems to be another popular choice here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine are mounted directly to the receivers' rails.  DPMS Mangonel's behind some, a DPMS Standalone rear on another.

One of my son's has his 512 mounted directly on the top rail of a YHM 4 rail forearm, which is the same height at the A3 receiver's rail.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top