Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/9/2003 5:39:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2003 5:44:46 PM EDT by dogguy]
Looked at a long EoThread, want to confirm a few answers I gleaned. EoTech mounts appear to be integral? Do they return to zero? Would they co-witness on a flattop with an arms 40? Is the purpose of the the RRA Tactical Entry to co-witness this type of optic? Does Lumpy prefer the Eo or the Aimpoint? Thanks, dg

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:43:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2003 5:45:45 PM EDT by FishandShoot]
Yes the mount is integrated to the sight itself. And yes they co-wittness with an ARMS #40. But I believe they only can return to zero within a certain MOA. I forgot exactly but its +/- 1 MOA.[:)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:20:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dogguy: Looked at a long EoThread, want to confirm a few answers I gleaned. EoTech mounts appear to be integral?
View Quote
Yes, the only usable mount available in the built in one and, for almost everyone, that works perfectly fine.
Do they return to zero?
View Quote
I've read that they will be +/- 1 MOA if you put it back in exactly the same rail slot but, as much as I love my EO Techs, I don't take them off unless I positively have to. I do use the big flathead screw (as opposed to the hex screw) which I hand tighten then tighten with a screwdriver 1/4 turn. They stay put and hold their zero. I really don't trust any mounting system for RTZ except ARMS stuff.
Would they co-witness on a flattop with an arms 40?
View Quote
Yes and no. That depends on your definition of co-witnessing. The iron sights will be in the middle of the EO Tech's window. Some folks prefer to have the irons in the lower 1/3 of their optic.
Is the purpose of the the RRA Tactical Entry to co-witness this type of optic?
View Quote
The EO Tech will not co-witness on the RRA Tactical Carry handle. You wouldn't even be able to use your irons with the EO Tech mounted on. Not to mention the fact that using that carry handle mount would probably put the EO Tech too high for a decent cheek weld. However an Aimpoint mounted with a low-profile ring will co-witness on that handle.
Does Lumpy prefer the Eo or the Aimpoint? Thanks, dg
View Quote
I'll leave that one for Lumpy to answer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:50:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2003 5:10:33 AM EDT by nightcargo]
They will not always co-witness! It depends on your setup. On my AMRS SIR #45M system the EOTech will not co-witness with the ARMS#40. [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p0b1fe0dbf4054cd88f0ad32cee77ef18/fb739f27.jpg[/img] However, on an ARMS SIR#50 they co-witness beautifully. Yojimbo of this site has that setup. Drop him a line, or do a search for M4 Project in the Upper Receiver section of this site. He has lots of pictures of his System, along with co-witness sighting shots. Here is a link to Jimbos Pictures: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=162739[/url] Nightcargo
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:28:35 AM EDT
That's true nightcargo, an EO Tech won't always be able to co-witness, as in the case you mentioned with the SIR and also with SWAN sleeves.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:41:20 AM EDT
Lumpy prefers the Aimpoint, but he's still learning [;)] Both are great, everyone has their preference. EoTech's a lil less cash, has a 1MOA dot, 500 hours of battery life, and is IMHO the ultimate CQB site. Aimpoint is a lil more cash, has a 4MOA dot, has thousands of hours of battery life, better mounting solutions, and is also a very good CQB sight. Can't go wrong with either. Aimpoint has the lead I think. Except for longer range shots. That 1MOA dot, regardless of anyone's counter arguement, is more accurate for deliberate shots thant he 4MOA Aimpoint. That 65MOA ring on the EoTech seems to baffle a few Aimpoint loyalists. Me, I prefer the EoTech.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:23:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hokie: Aimpoint has the lead I think.
View Quote
But it appears that EO Tech is catching up [:)]
That 65MOA ring on the EoTech seems to baffle a few Aimpoint loyalists.
View Quote
Some people look at the ring/dot of the EO Tech and are "confused" by it. Alternatively, some of us (myself included) find the ring/dot to be easy for our eyes to pickup because you see the ring and use the center (dot) to aim. I guess all those years of playing video games makes it easy for me to mentally process "complex" images a bit quicker than some people. I just started using my TA-31 yesterday and even thought it has a 4 MOA "ring" (the center is hollow), it's still pretty easy to pickup. It also doesn't hurt that the donut stays centered in the optic.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:27:29 AM EDT
In my case my 552 returns to zero when it's removed and replaced on my SIR 50. Just make sure you replace it on the same rail address and tighten to the same level and you should be good to go![:D]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:20:42 PM EDT
Both my EOTECH and Aimpoint return to zero wonderfully! I doth believe Sir Lumpy prefers the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:33:05 PM EDT
I think he does too- sometimes I get drunk and forget that I'm not funny. Thanks for the info, think I may be able to look at both Aimpoint and EoTech setups and get a better feel for what I want. dg.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:40:11 PM EDT
Yeah, try em both. That's the best advice.
Top Top