Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2004 9:13:11 PM EDT
Ok let me start off by saying I am poor. Also I work in a gun shop.. We have got a EoTech sight that I can get for $100 bucks. But it is one for archery, it is a modlel 520.. It has a 1 MOA dot in a 65 MOA cricle, that floats inside of a 80 MOA circle. This is so you don't torque the bow while shooting..

Now I know it's not a rugged or cool, nor does it have the gucci factor. But I don't care about that.

My question is, Do you think it would be ok for a carbine? BTW 9mm carbine.. I am concerned about the reticle though. Also can the reticle be changed? IIRC this was one of the big deals about the Holo Sight when they first came out..

Link to model 520
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it specs out about the same as a regular Eotech.  The list price on the site is about $40 less than the list price of a 510.  I would think it would work fine but even if it won't you should be able to dump it on ebay for a profit and that would get you that much closer to a diffrent model.  I'd say go for it, try it and if you don't like it ebay baby.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:48:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]
i say sell it and buy a used one on the EE.  I have the 511.A65 and it's great.  N batteries are not that expensive and they are SHORT!!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top