Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:50:57 PM EDT
I just talked to the dealers at my local gun shop, and they just informed me that Eotech is working hard on getting a magnifier made specifically for the Eotech out by next spring.  

Anybody have more information on this?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if the magnifyer is anything like their holosight xlp they make for bushnell, that i've been waiting on for MONTHS after it was supposed to available in the spring, you will be waiting awhile.(It's for my duck gun before anyone chimes in with a wise ass remark) First i heard about the magnifyer, it was gonna be available  this last spring, then it was going to be unveiled at the SHOT show, now it's next spring. I'm not holding my breath, thats for sure. Hell, no one could even post a picture of what it's supposed to look like. Someone posted a pic, then others chimed in it wasn't the "new" design. Hell, i'd like to see the "new" design, but it seems that even the people here, with infinite connections, can produce zilch, which leads me to believe, this thing is going to take ALOT longer than the spring. Hell, i thought the 553 was supposed to be out first, but i haven't seen a viable pic of this either, just talk. I bet we won't see it till next year at this time and won't be available till spring 07.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just talked to the dealers at my local gun shop, and they just informed me that Eotech is working hard on getting a magnifier made specifically for the Eotech out by next spring.  

Anybody have more information on this?

Thanks for updating us
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#4]
From previous threads I understand that the magnifier will not be able to be used on previous models.  For that you will have to use the Aimpoint magnifier, which IMO is a bit pricey.

Seydou
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats the thread i was refering too. Seems the pic is not what it now looks like according to one of the contained posts. So what does the thing really look like? Nobody can produce?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I have someone who's very close with the fine folks at Eotech and hope to be able to get a look at it here soon.....Also I have an Idea of what the recticle will look like....

YES it will not work with the current model Eotech.

Ant
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Chen,

Thanks for the heads up I figured things would have changed by now.  Good to hear the 553 is moving forward but it sounds like it's going to be expensive.

So the 553 that will be released will be magnifier compatible how can we be sure there won't be change to the magnifier that will make the 553 incompatible?  That would suck if someone purchased the 553 intending to get the magnifier only to find out that it the won't work together.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Any chance it can be made compatible with an Aimpoint sight?

Hopefully this product will be cheaper than the 3x
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Any chance it can be made compatible with an Aimpoint sight?

Hopefully this product will be cheaper than the 3x

I'm just guessing but I'm pretty sure that the newer EOTech's will still work with the Aimpoint magnifier as long as you have the correct mount for the magnifier.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Well, if the magnifyer is anything like their holosight xlp they make for bushnell, that i've been waiting on for MONTHS after it was supposed to available in the spring, you will be waiting awhile.(It's for my duck gun before anyone chimes in with a wise ass remark) First i heard about the magnifyer, it was gonna be available this last spring, then it was going to be unveiled at the SHOT show, now it's next spring. I'm not holding my breath, thats for sure. Hell, no one could even post a picture of what it's supposed to look like. Someone posted a pic, then others chimed in it wasn't the "new" design. Hell, i'd like to see the "new" design, but it seems that even the people here, with infinite connections, can produce zilch, which leads me to believe, this thing is going to take ALOT longer than the spring. Hell, i thought the 553 was supposed to be out first, but i haven't seen a viable pic of this either, just talk. I bet we won't see it till next year at this time and won't be available till spring 07

Bushnell makes the XLP. Eotech sold the rights and design on it and does not produce or service the XLP. Any issues you have with that sight can be taken up with Bushnell.

Actually the image that Yojimbo posted of the 4x is what the final version will look like, minus some small asthetic modifications (laser etching, etc). No funcitional or operational modifactions are going to take place. It has had some serious delay, but full production will begin in January.

There are CAD drawings of the 553 floating around this website. That is the engineering designed diagram of the sight, not an artistic rendering, and is as close to an actual picture as it comes. No word on its release to the public.

The magnifier will work with the 553, unquestionably.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That is a bit off now.  The new 553 will be the magnifier compatible unit and it will have dual throw lever spec'd by SOCOM, 551 size body and about 1/4inch higher using CR123 batteries.  wait till you see the cost on that puppy.

Not to be dense, but.. what is the initial pricing looking like on the 553s?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Dennis nice seeing you here, you need stop by more often!

In case anyone is wondering DFinnegan is the Customer Service Manager at EOTech.  He's the guy behind the great customer service at EOTech!

Quoted:

Bushnell makes the XLP. Eotech sold the rights and design on it and does not produce or service the XLP. Any issues you have with that sight can be taken up with Bushnell.

Actually the image that Yojimbo posted of the 4x is what the final version will look like, minus some small asthetic modifications (laser etching, etc). No funcitional or operational modifactions are going to take place. It has had some serious delay, but full production will begin in January.

There are CAD drawings of the 553 floating around this website. That is the engineering designed diagram of the sight, not an artistic rendering, and is as close to an actual picture as it comes. No word on its release to the public.

The magnifier will work with the 553, unquestionably.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top