Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:42:02 PM EDT
Has someone experience with the Enidine AR-Restor Hydraulic Recoil Buffer, now offered by Buffer Tech. ?

http://www.buffertech.com/stores/1/images/arr.jpg

Doeas it work or is it a problem with the reliability?
I use a heavy carbine buffer and think about a change to this hydraulic buffer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a few reviews here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, read the other reviews but I talked to the big wig at Buffer Tech and he stated that the Enidine will work as stated and will allow the rifle to function even if the buffer,which is hydraulic, fails. I really wanted to try the MGI but I got my Enidine for $90 shipped. Couldn't see spending an extra $60 dollars for one. Also, although the Enidine has a one year warranty I have heard that IF, and thats a  big IF it fails, Enidine will take care of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot!!!!

My only concern is that the bolt will apparently not hold reliable open after the last shot with the hydraulic buffer installed. hat

What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=241393

This link has SIX pages and probably 150 messages.  Tell me, what is the bottom line?

Is it that they are very effective for full auto fire but make marginal difference for semi-automatic fire?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
what happens when these things bust?I do machine repair in production plants (automotive assembly) and these are used as a soft stop so when a machine makes a quick motion it doesn't "bang" and destroy it self or disturb other processes.and if this is not found rather quickly it can have effects like damage of other componants in the system.so what is going to happen when a seal pops and the hydraulic fluid comes out of this "buffer" and immediately fails?is it just going to be a hard recoil?or could this do some damage?I have seen these fail many times and they do ,it is normal, and they always pop or leak out slowly.Endine makes a good product but this is why I have not jumped on this yet.it does sound like a good idea though.what do you all think?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
"Enidine has a one year warranty I have heard that IF, and thats a big IF it fails, Enidine will take care of it."

It will fail there is no "if".on machinery I work on they do about 10,000 cycles a month and these will last approx 8-10 months.the ones that are "1 in diameter are throw aways.the larger ones have rebuild kits.it is possible that there is not as much force being applied so these may be excellent in this application.don't get me wrong I am not down on this,but you can buy one of these for $50-$75 and put a rubber dampener on it and make one yourself.it comes with a very similar end on the one shown.try motion industries.they have a web site,refer to it as a cusion, or shock absorber.these also are adjustable on the end of them they have a dial that is numbered.so you could find what works best too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
"It would just function as a normal buffer (no worries)."

so then we are "safe" we just loose the benefit?
that would be good.
I think I am going to buy one and modify it myself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]
?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#16]
As much as I love my enidine buffer , I did have a problem with it holding the bolt open on the last round with  my 18'' SPR. I went to a slightly lighter recoil spring and it would catch the bolt carrier but not the bolt itself( after the last round). I ended up using a spring that came with another of my bushmaster lower receivers. It was shorter and lighter than all of my other recoil springs. It works fine now but I dont have that bolt slamming into battery anymore. I checked for gas leaks and didnt find any. I even took the gas block off and used a small amount of silicon to seal the tube to the block.
Other than that I love what the buffer does. It absorbs recoil, and keeps the muzzle right on target. It seems to smooth the whole thing out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I shoot a variety of ammo. XM193, Black hills, Wolf , WInchester, etc. The weapon shoots great with the buffer. It just wasnt holding the bolt itself all of the way back. I could put an H buffer , or a CAR buffer and it would work.
At first I really thought it was a gas leak somehwere but I could not find anything. Anyway, it works like its suppose to with the shorter, weaker recoil spring.
DOnt worry, Im not really complaining. I love the buffer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#19]
In the LW Industry forum there's a guy reporting velocity increases with this buffer and the LW gas piston upper. I'm interested in hearing more about that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
a little more info and distributors.enidine.com/Aerospace/PDFS/ENI386-AR15.pdf
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Be carefull this thread might be considered a DUPE.A question on this buffer was asked by Kisara on my thread on the 9mm buffer and it was locked down.Dupe threads evidently are not tolerated here so Ill be surprised if it does not get locked.There is another buffer thread going on mine was #2 and it was locked and this is #3..look out for kevin b hes on a dupe thread killing spree.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn! I got it broke off in me ,Endines ONLY disributor is buffertec.he did say there are gonna be a few others pretty soon so then there may be a price differential.so back to making one.I see I mainly need to get one just under an inch in diameter and chop a spare buffer and tap the end to accept the chop.for $40 a standard buffer, what the heck.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#24]
That thing with the increased MV seems to be BS.  I am not saying the guy is not telling the truth, but it was not repeatable.

I have had no problem with the buffer locking back.

I did notice, the buffer body is the normal length of an M4 buffer.  The hydraulic shock absorber adds some length.  When the buffer hits the back of the tube, the shock absorber takes over.  So when you cock the weapon on an empty mag, you feel that end resistance and have to overcome it *not bad* to lock open.

If the hydralics failed, the shock absorber collapsed, the unit would be the same size and weight and function just the same as a traditional M4 buffer.

I notice a difference in SA, but in FA there is a dramatic difference.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I had problems with getting the bolt to lock back on an empty mag.  I THOUGHT I was pulling back hard on the charging handle, but not hard enough.  As soon as it stops, give a a consistant additional firm pull at it will absolutely lock back.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#26]
My only concern about getting one is that if it does not lock back than you know its empty and you have to eject the mag and then have to recycle the bolt instead of the simply slapping the bolt release.....could be a problem in a tactical situation or simply in a class...
anythoughts? I want a new buffer but I am concerned about the increasing amount of people reporting malfunctions....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine has never failed to lock back.  Even on wolf.  However, I am running a gas piston AR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#29]
How does this compare to the MGI RRB buffer? Has anyone used both before? What's your impression on the MGI buffer?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Grant...don't tease Darren. He's got a HK416 OK?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=241393

This link has SIX pages and probably 150 messages.  Tell me, what is the bottom line?

Is it that they are very effective for full auto fire but make marginal difference for semi-automatic fire?

That is my opinion so far but we are still testing these.

will i NEED one of these for my .499 L-W  when it arrives, or will the standard 4 position Colt stock, sping & buffer be sufficient ??
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
How does this compare to the MGI RRB buffer? Has anyone used both before? What's your impression on the MGI buffer?

dude you really need to read the whole thread

the first few post were links to another ongoing thread about the two, eindine and the mgi.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I recommend you get one for the .499. It takes the edge off and helps with sight picture recovery.
I especically recommend it if you run a happy switch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dude you really need to read the whole thread

the first few post were links to another ongoing thread about the two, eindine and the mgi.

Thanks, I had overlooked the link.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top