Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:18:44 AM EDT
Orion's website says that they only engrave the blank RIGHT side of the receiver... I don't want that, I want the left side engraved where a Colt or Bushmaster logo would normally be.

Does anyone know of any companies who do this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Tom Sawyer?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tom Sawyer?

No longer exists, as it was sold to Orion.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tom Sawyer?
Tom Sawyer is Orion.  It sucks because Tom Sawyer did so much more custom work than Orion does and now it seems there are no options.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Did not know that. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I just heard back from Orion and they won't even engrave an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor because they said they need permission from the Marine Corps.  They also said they cannot engrave on the left side of the receiver because that is where the Stag or DPMS logo is.  If i'm shelling out the money for a custom receiver, I don't want a Stag or DPMS logo on the receiver, I want the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in the place it should be in.  They also said they cannot do custom serial numbers because the Stag or DPMS serial numbers already exist there.  

So Orion is totally out of the question now.  I just wish there were more options, does anyone know of any?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#6]
it would be more expensive buying the bits and jig but you could do an 80% lower and then get anything you wanted engraved on it.  

I know Tom Sawyer used to do the Marine emblem.

Do a search for Tom Sawyer and Orion.  One of the threads had a link in it for another guy that does engraving.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
CMMG has authorization to engrave the EGA
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Orion's website says that they only engrave the blank RIGHT side of the receiver... I don't want that, I want the left side engraved where a Colt or Bushmaster logo would normally be.

Does anyone know of any companies who do this?

Thanks

You need to talk to cs223.  I have had him do a few of mine and the work was great AND his prices are too.  It would be a good idea to check with him-
Scott
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 I need to know as well. Gotta have an lower SBR engraved soon under the triggerguard and $65+$12 shipping is quite a bit for 2 lines.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
+1 I need to know as well. Gotta have an lower SBR engraved soon under the triggerguard

Would a Trophy shop be able to engrave basic SBR required markings? Excellent Idea for under the triggerguard, kinda keeps it out of sight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 I need to know as well. Gotta have an lower SBR engraved soon under the triggerguard

Would a Trophy shop be able to engrave basic SBR required markings? Excellent Idea for under the triggerguard, kinda keeps it out of sight.

Again, check with CS223.  

On the local trophy shops it seems to be hit or miss.  I have seen some posts that ppl have gotten really bad work done and others went fine.  I checked many options on engraving and cs223 was recommended to me and had the best price and top notch quality.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Ed at HDPS.org

Here is an example of the engraving that he did to mine. I am sure he'll be able to put it where you want it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ed at HDPS.org

Here is an example of the engraving that he did to mine. I am sure he'll be able to put it where you want it.

www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/_Images/Member%20Images/Miscellaneous/2006112916746_6266.jpg

$20!! Wow! Sending him an email now. Thanks!!

ETA: Ed said that he can do it!! It does depend on the length of the name, he said, though. Luckily mine will fit

Thank you for saving me $50!
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#14]
$20!! Wow! hock.gif Sending him an email now. Thanks!!

ETA: Ed said that he can do it!! he

Thank you for saving me $50! was that $20 for under the trigger guard????
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
$20!! Wow! Sending him an email now. Thanks!!

ETA: Ed said that he can do it!! It does depend on the length of the name, he said, though. Luckily mine will fit

Thank you for saving me $50!

diablo.....
was that $20 for under the trigger guard????

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#16]
wow that seems really cheap. post pics of the results
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Ed is a pleasure to do business with. He is extremely quick in answering any and all e-mails and phone calls no matter the day or time.

I have no doubt that you will be impressed with his work. Post some pictures when you get it back.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#18]
can some of you guys post pics of your engraving examples, so i can get some ideas.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top