Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 1:07:28 PM EDT
I just got a quote from John Norrell of $100 to deep rotor engrave my ShadeTree Armory 80% forging. This is for safe, semi, auto, a custom serial number, and an address like the manufacturers have.

It's kinda steep but I'm he'll charge less for just a serial number or design.

I was really just trying to find out if he is willing to work on 80% lowers as alot of gunsmiths won't touch them.

If you get it engraved before you work on it, you can mail it to him USPS. If you complete it first, technically, you have to ship it like a complete firearm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Any trophy shop, that has a computerized engraving setup, can mark the receiver.  You would just need to come up with a fixture to hold the receiver's surface parallel to the table.  I've done this three times with good results, twice on AR-15's and once on a steel shotgun receiver.  If it's done while still in 80% condition, you can leave it overnight, otherwise you'll have to be present while it's engraved.

HTH.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I second OMR_RDTandE.

Trophy shop.  Provide a fixture to hold it level. Mark directly on the receiver, with a fine tip Sharpie, exactly what you want and where you want it.

My local trophy shop is comfortable with doing this, even on firearms.   They've engraved ownership information on a number of firearms for local customers including police.  They even have a safe so the firearms can be stored safely.

CJ
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top