Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2003 5:19:14 PM EDT
I just purchased some English mags and when I tried to use my stripper clips to load them, the spoon really did'nt fit well. So I grabbed my lula and began loading up. It seems that the follower was tilting more than I am used to seeing with USGI mags. They fit and drop out of the mag well properly but the follower worries me. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm tough one. lemme think about this one for awhile
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
aha I got it. how about you replace the followers hehe I am just joking around with the smartass attitude. really though I would replace the followers with some USGI spec followers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Hummm, let me think a second.....

[one second later]

Agree.  Change the follower.  The follower that comes in the English mags is made with bubble-gum (very soft plastic).  Replace with "made in the USA" real plastic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah the English followers are a bit flimsy. I was at a shoot and watched a fellow ARF Commer rapid fire a few rounds and the follower snapped in half on him. They also tend to tilt more than than the USGI black followers. Sometimes the mag bodies are slightly out of spec.

Having said all that, I haven't had a problem with my English mags except for a couple mags that don't drop free. I will buy more.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input, it seems that new followers are on the list of ever growing things to buy. I'll have to consider new springs when I open one up. They were a great buy so I had to get some to try. Here in Mass. I have seen the same mags for $35 these were $20 so what the heck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
expect GI mags to drop to $10-12 after the ban lifts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You are optimistic, I would not be surprised if the ban goes either way.Besides here in Mass. you never know what might happen next. Our gun laws are amazingly ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I sure hope the ban goes down. Man, it would be so neat to walk into a gun shop and see rifles with actual telescoping stocks, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and pistol grips again. And those evil 30 rd US GI surplus mags by the box full priced at $10 will look sweet too. But I am not going to count on this happening until it's a done deal. I bet all the folks who have been storing pre-ban mags since 1994 waiting to unload them someday at 200% profit are hoping the ban doesn't sunset! Hehe

-Charging Handle
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top