Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:40:00 PM EDT
I have this stuff called Gunk-engine bright that I used recently to clean my AR. It worked great for knocking off all the crap. Then sprayed it good with CLP. I can’t see on the can if its ammonia or chlorine free (I think that’s what I remember hearing is bad). Will this do any harm? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:08:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 11:12:29 PM EDT by 13thWarrior]
Thats it your rifle is done for you must give it to me to keep for ever. Does it look messed up? If so then it is.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:17:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rdubbz:
I have this stuff called Gunk-engine bright that I used recently to clean my AR. It worked great for knocking off all the crap. Then sprayed it good with CLP. I can’t see on the can if its ammonia or chlorine free (I think that’s what I remember hearing is bad). Will this do any harm? Thanks

Since most modern automobile engines have plastic and rubber parts along with aluminum heads ect, ect, I think your rifle will be ok. Never heard of anyone using Engine Bright before though, I’ll just stick to my standard cleaning procedures. A lot of guys are looking for the quick n’ easy way to clean their weapon when the best way is simply the old fashioned way.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:14:40 AM EDT
Engine bright is just basically diesel fuel in a spray can. Notice how it smells? I doubt that it will hurt your rifle at all but might make it stink.
Top Top