Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:33:07 AM EDT
I read somewhere that the Specter DR in TAN is only available to
.mil / LEO ?

I remember seeing them on some company's website, IN STOCK, if
you provided some sort of military ID with your purchase...I don't
remember where I saw this, though

any ideas? anyone trying to get rid of a black one?

thanks for any hint!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:37:43 AM EDT
When I was shopping around for the tan Elcan, Knesk Guns had them for sale and pretty sure you don't have to be Mil/LE to purchase one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:00:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
When I was shopping around for the tan Elcan, Knesk Guns had them for sale and pretty sure you don't have to be Mil/LE to purchase one.

thanks!! did you buy one? ....ok, there's alway the chance of me being a retard,
but I can't find any homepage of that company, Knesk Guns....?!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:16:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 8:01:45 PM EDT by Stottman]
I bought mine from KERIF Night Vision in Vegas, using a .mil ID. Price was lower then the prices I found for the black one at the normal places. $1750 range.

ANother place I asked wanted a premium.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:21:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HighInput:
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

thanks!! did you buy one? ....ok, there's alway the chance of me being a retard,
but I can't find any homepage of that company, Knesk Guns....?!

I never did pick it up. the main thing that I was skeptical about was weight. I have a freind that has one on his FN SCAR and hopefully I can get some range time with it to make a decision. It's kind of on the back burner for me since I have a few builds to complete. If you decide to get it, update the thread with an AAR if you don't mind. Who knows, your opinion may sway me...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:23:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stottman:
I bought mine from KERIF Night Vision in Vegas, using a .mil ID. Price was lower then the prices I found for the black one at the normal places. $1750 range.

What are your overall impressions? I have shot with just about every optic out there besides the ELCAN and I only know one person locally who owns one but, our schedules always conflict when he offers some trigger time behind it..
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 1:43:43 AM EDT by HighInput]

JACKPOT!!! That's where I saw the LE/.mil restriction, I couldn't remember. THANKS!!!

so, what's your experience dealing with KERIF? everything as it should be?

is the tan / "bronze" model KERIF sells Gen2??
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:19:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 8:22:56 PM EDT by Stottman]
Honestly, I was a little concerned at first-

Unknown company selling Unobtainable products, and Googlemaps showed a suburbian house for the address.

But, they are listed on Armament Company (civilian distributer) website, and google searches reavealed Gov't contracts.

Then, once I made the deal vs email, they followed up wanting to know if I was still interested, sent payment, etc.

But shipping was quick, and they through in a free ARD because I paid with MO.

THe model I have is the Gen II>

ETA;

For the scope itself, its OK... I would not buy another.. 4x works good.. Bullet drops, Its dead on with 14.5" M4 barrel and 77 gr..

1x, its a little disappointing. All the problems of a scope - having to have correct eye placement/eye relief, "tunnel vision", etc... Its not like an Aimpoint, where that doesnt really matter.....

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:01:44 PM EDT
Honestly, I was a little concerned at first-

Unknown company selling Unobtainable products, and Googlemaps showed a suburbian house for the address.

But, they are listed on Armament Company (civilian distributer) website, and google searches reavealed Gov't contracts.

Then, once I made the deal vs email, they followed up wanting to know if I was still interested, sent payment, etc.

But shipping was quick, and they through in a free ARD because I paid with MO.

THe model I have is the Gen II>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Stottman/29af468d.jpg

ETA;

For the scope itself, its OK... I would not buy another.. 4x works good.. Bullet drops, Its dead on with 14.5" M4 barrel and 77 gr..

1x, its a little disappointing. All the problems of a scope - having to have correct eye placement/eye relief, "tunnel vision", etc... Its not like an Aimpoint, where that doesnt really matter.....

Thanks for the insight. The Spectre really intrigues me but all the wishy washy opinions make me nervous, especially considering the cost of this optic. I'd still like to try one out in person and develop my own opinion.
Top Top