Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2013 7:15:26 AM EDT
Alright,

I have a Mk18 clone that I have been using a T1 on.

Red dots just are not doing it for me. Ive used ACOGs before and loved them.

Ive been kinda kicking around the idea of a Elcan, but I really know nothing about them.

Wheres a good place to buy them from? Are they really worth the price tag?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been kicking it around for a bit to and finally ordered mine from AR15 Sport . Should be here Wednesday.

Guess I will find out the hard way if there worth it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I really want one but can't justify the price tag right now.  As far as where to get one, I know weaponoutfitters was running a sale recently. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=455273124509153&set=a.311457255557408.35158.139310196105449&type=1&relevant_count=1 (six troy mags free)
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been kicking it around for a bit to and finally ordered mine from AR15 Sport . Should be here Wednesday.

Guess I will find out the hard way if there worth it.
View Quote

Let me know man.

Ive never dove that deep for an optic.

I use to think ACOGs were expensive
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Im somewhat worried about the weight

Is that thing seriously a pound and a half??
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah they are heavy.

If I had the spare coin, I would love to give one a go...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Found a used one.

Even worked out a deal with the guy to trade my T1 and cash for it.

I think the stars and moon has finally aligned correctly for me once.

So I also have one coming to me now
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I know someone did a side by side of one with a Nightforce 1-4 and the Nightforce plus mount was heavier than the Elcan
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know someone did a side by side of one with a Nightforce 1-4 and the Nightforce plus mount was heavier than the Elcan
View Quote

The weight isnt a huge deal.

But I hate having a over 10 pound SBR!

I loved my T1 for being light weight. But it is the last red dot Ill own. They just do not do it for me
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Plenty of online reviews and many threads here on the DR.  EXCELLENT optic.  I have two of them currently.  As is frequently noted in reviews, it does not compare to a T-1.  In my view anyone with a 1-x4 optic uses it at 1x or 4x 99% of the time.  Same with flipping the lever on the Elcan.  With the integrated mount it compares favorably to 1-4x optics with the mount included in the weight calculation.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Plenty of online reviews and many threads here on the DR.  EXCELLENT optic.  I have two of them currently.  As is frequently noted in reviews, it does not compare to a T-1.  In my view anyone with a 1-x4 optic uses it at 1x or 4x 99% of the time.  Same with flipping the lever on the Elcan.  With the integrated mount it compares favorably to 1-4x optics with the mount included in the weight calculation.
View Quote

That was my logic for buying an Elcan OS4X.

I figured "why pay for an adjustable zoom feature I most likely will never use"? Plus you can still BAC the illuminated chevron reticle like an ACOG at 4x and it is still pretty effective.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top