Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 1:52:08 PM EDT
I have an old bolt that had some pieces stuck(possibly rusted), but I have soaked it in Break free long enough to get it completely apart, except the spring for my ejector is stuck in place. I can't get it to go down at all and I cannot get it out of the ejector hole.

The bolt has continued to soak in Break Free for around a week and a half. Any other suggestions for getting the spring out? I have tried a dental pick, but all i can do with that is straiten out the pick...spring won't budge.....

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:37:31 PM EDT
Try Kroil, it is better at freeing up rusted parts.

Other than that, you may just want to go ahead and buy a new bolt.

Or, you could try a drill bit the same size as the hole for the ejector spring or a bit smaller. Try drilling the old spring out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:24:53 PM EDT
A small roll pin punch or a drill bit the same diameter of the I.D. of the spring forced into it will bring it up and out.

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:46:51 PM EDT
Thanks for the ideas.....where can I get Kroil?

BTW.....I got the bolt for free, so if I throw it away I won't feel bad.....it is just a project that I want to be able to finish because I am bored.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:08:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 5:09:29 AM EDT by rebel_rifle]

Originally Posted By CommanderPoopyduX:
Thanks for the ideas.....where can I get Kroil?

www.sinclairintl.com

www.midwayusa.com

Or, you can buy direct from the manufacurer at:

www.kanolabs.com

Kroil is also a good bore cleaner. It will not remove copper fouling, but removes carbon like a dream.
Top Top