Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 12:14:49 PM EST
Just got in my new RRA upper assembly from Eagle Firearms, but I'm having a bit of a problem and wondered if any of you have run into it.

I can't close the ejection port door, no matter how hard I push. I have to use a small punch, knife blade, or other small object to push down on the button to get it to close. My first instinct is to take a Demel to the button and grind it down a bit on one side.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:16:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:26:11 PM EST
I've had this problem several times, kroil the little detent thingy while working it up and down. There's also a hole on the side you can get some into. not sure which one is more effective but it's worked 2 or 3 times now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:28:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 12:28:43 PM EST by NorthernBornRebel]
I ran into that problem with a Del-Ton upper. I took a rat tail file to the upper, ran it in an out about 3 times on the groove where the pin hits, and it closed fine. I wouldn't dremel it as you should only have to take a tiny bit off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:13:00 AM EST
Took a dremel to the button and shaved a little off and made a little dimple in the receiver and she closes great!.

And you're right, you don't have to take much off !
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:23:44 AM EST
Well, I was going to suggest a bit of CLP on the catch mechanism spring and ball, and let time do it’s job, but I see you resorted to the file.
Top Top