Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2006 9:57:18 PM EDT
I been looking around at this site, and it seems most of you place hundreds and even thousands of dollars into optics.  I cannot accord an ACOG, Aimpoint, EOTech etc.  Has anyone experienced these economy scopes?

Barska® 3-9x42 mm

NEW NcSTAR® 3-9x42 mm

NcSTAR® 4x30 Scope with illuminated reticle!

I am going to do mostly target shooting @ 100-300 yards.  Ocassionally hunt a deer.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i wouldnt use anything related to ncstar.

was uninformed and purchased one along with a friend and both dont hold zero and have poi shift throughtout the day regardless of how hard you try and not move the rifle.

put a bit more money into it and get something better or keep lurking/reading for more info.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
For around $120, you can get a Sightron 3x9x40 that will be light years better in quality than any of the ones you mention.  Weaver V Series are around the same price...they're pretty decent as well.  

Some folks here have had good luck with Meuller optics, but I don't have any experience with those.  

$100 is about the minimum you can expect to pay and get anything that's half way decent.  Others here will sneer at that figure, but some of the upper end Simmons scopes have worked out well for a lot of folks here, and I know that a lot of guys got one model of Simmons shot gun scopes that were pretty good.

My own personal experience with the cheap Chinese stuff hasn't been good, so I pretty much tell people to avoid it if at all possible.  

I'd think for what you want to do, a 2-7 or 3x9 should do very nicely.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top