Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:00:02 PM EDT
Does anyone know of anywhere someone could find one? I've looked and I can't find them anywhere
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:48:09 AM EDT
+1

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:42:19 AM EDT
+2
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:30:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:33:38 AM EDT
The closest I've gotten was experimenting on an FSB I cut off to fit under a FF tube.

A bunch of grinding, filing, and sanding got the tower to resemble a cast piece - but it's a lot of work.

Might be worth a try? At least you get rid of those scuzzy forging lines.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:43:58 AM EDT
DPMS used to use cast FSB.  I had a DCM upper that had one but it didn't have a bayo lug.  But it was a sand casting and the edges were more rounded like a forging versus the cast or injected type of the early ones as evident by the ejector pin marks.  Were the early Armalite FSB even metal or were they die cast out of some sort of alloy?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:26:59 PM EDT
Sounds like they really are hard to find I figure someday when I least expect it I'll come across one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:10:21 PM EDT
Your best bet is to hold out for one mounted on a bbl.,

they show up at shows every now and then.

I can promise you that if you take an existing FSB off a bbl, then try to fit another FSB to it, you'll see why most people (and even 'smiths) don't like FSB swaps.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:04:45 PM EDT

Quoted:
Your best bet is to hold out for one mounted on a bbl.,

they show up at shows every now and then.

I can promise you that if you take an existing FSB off a bbl, then try to fit another FSB to it, you'll see why most people (and even 'smiths) don't like FSB swaps.....

Thanks for the info I was wondering how much of a bear it was to change one. I guess the pin holes would have to be redone, and then hope the base seals up right......I'll just hold out till I come across a barrel assembly.
Top Top