Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 12:15:29 PM EDT
Anyone pick up one of the SP1's from Hoplite advertized as extremely early production rifles, I called on them just a few minutes ago to ask just how early, they told me they were in the 3XXX serial range, bit my lip and told him I wanted one and then he said they were all sold earlier in the week, they had 35 of them, came from a correctional facility, I saw the ad at least six weeks ago and am kicking myself for not calling right away

Anyone pick one of these up, go ahead rub it in my face
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I called when they first ran the ad, figured those were sold out long ago.  Was told the same thing, 3,000 range.  Don't know anyone who bought one.  I wanted to get one, but I always swap parts out on my rifles, not such a good idea with a collectable item like that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Weren't those the ones that were supposed to be stamped on the ejection port side of the magwell with some Correctional facility numbers?

I think I also saw those in Shotgun News for about $1,000.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
dont know if they were stamped but probably so since they came from a correctional facility

$ 1299.99 each

earliest I've got is a 10,0XX range (1968) sure would like to get the earliest possible, I know some people with them in the hundreds, bastards wont sell them and are'nt really into the AR platform
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
dont know if they were stamped but probably so since they came from a correctional facility

$ 1299.99 each

earliest I've got is a 10,0XX range (1968) sure would like to get the earliest possible, I know some people with them in the hundreds, bastards wont sell them and are'nt really into the AR platform

Yep, they won't sell them, because they are collectors items more then anything else, and that is why I don't have one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My bad. I was thinking of CDNN's catalog.

CDNN has some Colt SP1's in their catalog (page 19 if you go onto their site and download it) that came a week or two ago.

SP1 AR-15 223
Marked S.D.D.C.I.
Used Very good to Excellent
1-30rd mag
Sling included
$999.99

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My bad. I was thinking of CDNN's catalog.

CDNN has some Colt SP1's in their catalog (page 19 if you go onto their site and download it) that came a week or two ago.

SP1 AR-15 223
Marked S.D.D.C.I.
Used Very good to Excellent
1-30rd mag
Sling included
$999.99

WIZZO

I did not see that, anybody got the scoop on these?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I just called CDNN, and they have one left, and it is serial number 49,XXX.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Living in a ban state I look for preban rifles for my shop. I called them up two weeks ago and they said the had only 2 left. I told them i wil take them both and gave them my information. There reply was "oh your in New York" and would not sell me these preban rifles. Not to mention any pistols or magazines of any kind.

Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer would be proud of CDNN for their help to make NY a gun free state.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top