Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:32:05 PM EDT
I just bought 4 Grps in  Fair to Good condition , 1 was black well worn , 1 was mottled in aperance , and 2 were Green with brown plastic under the green finish , are these early grips ? and would it be wrong to repaint them black ? , thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
"Wrong"...?  no..  But most of "we" retro types like
having mottled furniture.  It is in keeping with
being "retro"...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Mottled it good, green is even better.  I'm using both on my "retro mutt" build.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't paint the green ones
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
As you probably already know the green grips with brown under them go to the 601 which is the first model of the ar m16 style rifles that the military adopted. Being green they have much more of a value then a black a1 grips. If you do not get the bug to build a 601 rifle then you might get more by selling them or trading them for what you need. For me painting a original 601 grip would be a crime. But just fyi I got 4 black grips for 20.00 and a few green ones between 30 and 50 each. I cannot remember if I seen better or worse prices but I am sure others have. Do a search on gunbroker for 601 or green grips might give you a idea. That being said there yours do what you want.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to Thank everybody for their replies , I have now changed My plans , since I already have a mottled butt stock I will look for handguards and build a 601 , I will also use the Green Grip on another 601 Project I have, I need to find some matching paint for the Buttstock and Handguards , also Hope that the NDS 601 lowers are ready soon , Thanks to Everyone
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
There are those that would sell their left nut for some green handguards.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's about what mine cost me.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a squirrel. You should have extra nuts "squirreled" away.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Ran me almost 800 left nuts!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a squirrel. You should have extra nuts "squirreled" away.

If he was a good little squirrel and saved his nuts a little longer he would of had that 602 on GB also!!! So I guess he busted his nut!

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top