Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:20:22 PM EDT
I have very early Colt Sp1, 4 digit ser #, manufactured in 1964. Have the original owners manual, sling, cleaning kit and mags. I'm having a hard time trying to put a value on it. The gun is all original, it's been in the family since it was new. I've had it for a long time myself and many pics of it are floating aorund on this site!

What would one of these be worth? I don't see too many this early, especially for sale to gte some kind of price range on it.

Thanks guys.

This is not a ad, just trying to figure out what this rifle would be worth, resonably.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I think price fishing is against the retro forum conduct rules. I could be wrong though but I was slammed a few years ago when asking about the value of a original 601 part I had.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That would figure would'nt it.

Well, it says for ads basically trying to sell something. I'm not really doing that, just trying to figure out what this may be worth.  Just curious about it, tried to find out in a few books but they seemed really low.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
watch some SP1 auctions on GB and see what the ones that actually sell are going for
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
They really do frown on placing values here in the retro,,best bet is to go on GB and look up SP1,find closed auctions NOT active ones as some guys put hi start prices on them.I will tell you this tho,SP1 sn374 sold about 2 weeks ago,I posted the GB auction here on the retro,so you may want to backtrack my m1sniper name for post SP1 sn374 on GB,not my auction.
ETA,made it easy for ya.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=464848
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That would figure would'nt it.

Well, it says for ads basically trying to sell something. I'm not really doing that, just trying to figure out what this may be worth.  Just curious about it, tried to find out in a few books but they seemed really low.

I think the problem in the past is a quasi auction or bidding war would go on because people would be hungry for a rare item. I can see both sides.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top