Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/3/2004 6:58:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/4/2004 9:03:29 AM EST by darknight]
I liked the look of the discreet better than the tapered case so I went with it. I have my 16" midlength upper with a full size Ace Skeleton stock on it fixed in the case. It fits great! I hadn't seen much mention of it on here so I thought I'd post it. I had to get the M16/AR15 case because the M4 case is too small with the full stock. It's great, it has an outer pocket that fills almost the entire case size and it's padded too so you can put anything in it. The 5 mag pouches will not hold the coupled mags but that's not a biggie. It has about 6-7 inches of spare room due to the shorter barrel. Here it is.

Here, this should fix the darkness problem. This is a pic from Eagle's site.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:11:51 AM EST
Nice...i like the discreet case...pics a little dark, but i imagine i'll get a better look next month...how does the rifle secure in the bag?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:18:35 AM EST
Eagle makes some good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 8:01:57 AM EST
If you save the picture and brighten it up you can see the 5 mag pouches and the velcro straps that hold the rifle in place.

I'm a little leary of having nothing between the mags and the rifle except the side of the pouch.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 12:31:00 PM EST
I am waiting for iShots new carbine bag. The pics make it look really nice.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:17:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pete841:
I am waiting for iShots new carbine bag. The pics make it look really nice.

Some board members got a look at it last weekend at the Chantilly, VA gun show and it is VERY nice. Things like foam padding in it to help conceal the outline of the weapon and make the case float if it falls in water. PALS/MOLLE webbing so you can attach whatever pouches you want...
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:33:42 PM EST
I have the carbine case in OD green. Eagle is top quality gear made in the USA, you can't get better quality than their gear.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:43:07 AM EST
I am in the process of trying to figure out what case to get for my other (half build) AR. I have a Starlight hardcase but I would like a soft one this time. I do like the Eagle cases but am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of the mags being mounted inside the case? I mean, they are right there on top of the gun when you close the case and I take it the mag pockets are not padded. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Nice gun btw,

James
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:45:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:37:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By JBritt:
I do like the Eagle cases but am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of the mags being mounted inside the case? I mean, they are right there on top of the gun when you close the case and I take it the mag pockets are not padded. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

There's a thick layer of nylon between them to prevent any scratching. The only bad thing I can think if is that a heavy weight on the case could crush the mags, but that would be a problem with -any- soft case.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 8:05:00 PM EST
Tac-Force makes the same style case except the mag pouches are inside the OUTER pocket of the case. much better. Made in China though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 3:28:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By Aimless:
I want to make one of those tool box cases that they have on the Maryland Ar owners website. Those are pretty slick.

I've been thinking of that too. Is there a tool box case out there that would be long enough to put a 16" M4gery in there with a collapsable stock? It would be nice to be able to have it in their, and ready to go while traveling.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 10:47:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2004 11:33:25 AM EST by bsbg]
If you really want to be discreet, don't get a big black nylon bag - pay the extra $10 for a blue one and get a sports related logo silkscreened on it:

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 5:48:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By bsbg:
If you really want to be discreet, don't get a big black nylon bag - pay the extra $10 for a blue one and get a sports related logo silkscreened on it:

WOW I like that idea. Well if I follow suit, Adidas makes a ton of black stuff too. I could have the Swoosh put in the corner and it would match all my large duffels. That's a great case idea, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:56:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By darknight:
I could have the Swoosh put in the corner and it would match all my large duffels. That's a great case idea, thanks!

A friend of mine (who thought this up), put a huge swoosh on his red case - looks awesome.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 7:00:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By darknight:
I could have the Swoosh put in the corner and it would match all my large duffels. That's a great case idea, thanks!

A friend of mine (who thought this up), put a huge swoosh on his red case - looks awesome.

A guy I worked with several years ago sewed a Disneyland patch onto a blue fanny pack holster to carry his Glock.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 9:05:27 PM EST

If you really want to be discreet, don't get a big black nylon bag - pay the extra $10 for a blue one and get a sports related logo silkscreened on it

That's an awesome pic! I always felt that the term "discrete case" was a misnomer by many of the manufacturers. They should simply call them a "rectangular case", since we can all still tell a mile away that its a rifle case, especially when black/OD/tan/camo are pretty much all that's available.

A true discrete case is exactly that- discrete. Guitar case, attache case, sports duffle bag, etc. There is a unit at my current employment that uses tennis racket cases for Benelli M3 folders. My favorite was the floral delivery box (complete with long stem roses) that the Terminator used for the sawed off shotgun in T2.

GO GUCCI!
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 1:36:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kisara:

www.boomspeed.com/kisara/GucciDiscreteCase.jpg

GO GUCCI!

Love it....
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 4:39:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/13/2004 4:40:33 AM EST by Duffy]

Kisara you got more dolls than most grown men I know

Here's what I'd use though...
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:51:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kisara:
There is a unit at my current employment that uses tennis racket cases for Benelli M3 folders.

Tennis racket bags also fit 16" barrelled ARs with collapsed stocks. Guess how I know...
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:07:25 PM EST
Yep, disguised cases are the way to go - I use a Fender Guitar hard-case covered in old band stickers. Foam inside cut to shape will hold an M4gery & 5 mags. I only get stares when I go to the range [& from friends who know I have absolutely no musical talent or inclinations whatsoever]
-dc2wheel
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:40:18 PM EST
I'm really wanting to get a discreet(rectangle) case for my SBR. But, I also don't like the idea of having mag pouches up against the weapon. I know there are some that have a padded divider between the two, like Blackhawk, or mag pouches that can be removed. Need to mthink on it some more.

The more I see that case that bsbg posts, the more I like it. Who the hell would want to steal a bag that looks like it has stinky shorts and stinky socks in it?
Top Top