Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 12:50:59 AM EDT
does anybodyelse's eye feel fuzzy and uncomfortable after using an EO for awhile?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:58:02 AM EDT
Nope, do you keep both eyes open or look through it like a scope?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:04:53 AM EDT
No
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:10:51 AM EDT
both eyes open. right/dominant eye (the one behind the optic) feels like shit, everytime i use it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:40:28 AM EDT
WHAT THE F*CK is going on in here? the EOTech shouldn't feel ike SH*T unless you are doing something wrong.

first of all, while keeping both eyes open, focus on the target, not the dot/reticle. you won't be able to focus on the reticle and get a clean image- it's not clean and sharp for a reason. it's fuzzy so it will be visible when you are looking past it.

think of it this way- hold a needle or piece of wire up in front of your eye and focus on it. then, focus on teh wall across the room- the needle/wire will disappear because it is too thin to be seen without focusing on it directly.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:03:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JosephR:
WHAT THE F*CK is going on in here? the EOTech shouldn't feel ike SH*T unless you are doing something wrong.

Yo Joe, relax man.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:50:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Matt_B:

Originally Posted By JosephR:

Yo Joe, relax man.

yeah, no shit, you'd think this guy gave birth to the optic i just suggested a problem with. the effect is real, i was just wondering if anyonelse was experiencing it. it's the same feeling i get when i get struck in the eye with the laser beams on the M26 taser. it's an after-effect, use the sight for awhile - have a fuzzy feeling eye for the next hour or so.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:30:23 PM EDT
Maybe you have the power set too high. Try turning it down.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:01:00 PM EDT
other than being a little irritating to my sensitive eyes, this thing is ballz out bad my partner was cool enough to take it off his weapon and leave it with me so i could do a side by side with the Bushnell trophy multi reticle that i just received in the mail. if he hadn't, i probably would've been content with my sight. as it is now, i plan on returning the Trophy and acquiring an EO. i've never used an Aimpoint, so my curiosity is up, but the thing i love about the EO is it's openess which i assume (by looking at it) the Aimpoint would lack. there are a couple things i dislike about the EO, but all in all it's great.

one thing i can definately say about the trophy is: the dot is ALOT cleaner when used to target something at 100+ yards.

as i've said B4, i think the EO is ugly. not cool ugly like a Glock or a pitbull , dorky ugly like it's way out of place on a weapon - looks more like a part for the computer. however, it's a trade i'm willing to make for the practicallity of this device.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:20:29 PM EDT
Sorry, I'm just pissed off that I sold my 551 on the EE a few days ago...

I'm a little touchy- going through withdrawal and all...

I guess I had to sell 'er- she allowed me to upgrade to a DMM4 from ADCO...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:56:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By redneck_indian:
as i've said B4, i think the EO is ugly. not cool ugly like a Glock or a pitbull , dorky ugly like it's way out of place on a weapon - looks more like a part for the computer. however, it's a trade i'm willing to make for the practicallity of this device.

As soon you as can forget how gear looks, you will be able to get great gear. I love my Aimpoint but I thought they looked a little "goofy" at first. Now they have grown on me.
Top Top