Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2004 8:15:11 PM EDT
The mounting screw for my EO Tech broke at the threaded end. It is mounted directly on the flat top.  Is there any way to get it repaired with out sending it back to EO Tech.  Has anyone had warranty work? Ways to prevent same in future?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]
That's happened to me twice. A better solution is to buy the enlarged EOTech mounting screw that Global Tactical Supply sells (it's only $5.00).  I bought 3 just in case. It's a good idea to hand tighten it instead of using a screwdriver since you can overtorque it that way.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Which screw did your break? Can you post a pic?

I broke an oversized (YHM) EOTECH screw.

Although I like YHM products this one is not necessary. EOTECh recommends the standard hex screw that comes with the sight. The rep that I talked with stated that the DEA and "other clients" had better results with the standard screw.

I went back to the standard screw with the LaRue mount.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW fellas it's not necessary to tighten the screw to 100 ft. lbs. of torque, trust me it won't fall off if ya tighten it 1/2-1 full turn after finger-tight.

One things for certain, ya ain't gonna "squash" the flat-top rail, comprende?

Mike
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
....and take a coin and give it another quarter to half turn.  .

And this was the reason WHY I like the YHM screw.  I don't need that coin for the quarter turn (and I know better than to overtorque it).
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I like cool gadgets.  I got the cool Tanks screws for my Harris bipod and they are great.  I almost bought the YHM oversize screw for my Eotech, cause heck, the Harris Tank screws are well, great.  Then, I thought, WHY do I need the only $5 YHM?  It's bigger, so it can snag on more things because it hangs off the side, and I'll still need a quail, or a nickle, or whatever to give it another 1/2 turn to torque it right.  The Eotech standard screw is fine.  YHM answers a question that really doesn't need an answer.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top