Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 7:25:22 PM EDT
Okay, don't bite my head off. I did a search before posting this and did not find my answer. I have looked at several red dots at past funshows, and every holographic red dot I have looked at, the red dot disappears if you slightly cant the optic. I was wanting to know if the eotech does the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You gotta say the magic word first - abbra-cadabbra! then poof! it's gone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
i've never been able to hold my eotech in such a way that i can't see the dot. It's probably possible to do that, but you wouldn't want to shoot your rifle at such an odd angle anyway.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i've never been able to hold my eotech in such a way that i can't see the dot. It's probably possible to do that, but you wouldn't want to shoot your rifle at such an odd angle anyway.

Same here

Maybe there's a Chinese EOTech clone out there???
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Okay, don't bite my head off. I did a search before posting this and did not find my answer. I have looked at several red dots at past funshows, and every holographic red dot I have looked at, the red dot disappears if you slightly cant the optic. I was wanting to know if the eotech does the same thing.

the answer is NO.  if you can see through the window, you can see the dot.  also if you do move your head around the dot will move around the window, but still stay on the target.  

also it's not just a dot, but a circle around a dot.  very fast for close work yet precise for distance.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks alot guys, these are exactly the kind of responses I was looking for.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are just holding the red dot without mounting it on a platform, it will result in missing reticle.  when you are just holding the EOTech, your hands varies, you might not think so, but it makes a big difference.  Look through the EOTech on a rifle then you will see the huge field of view and various angle you can tilt the weapon and you can still see the reticle.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You gotta say the magic word first - abbra-cadabbra! then poof! it's gone.

Lame ass  Pretty funny though.

OP,

You have to really cant the optic/rifle to lose the dot.  I've used the Aimpoint extensively at work, and the EoTech for personal use.  No worries at all.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top