Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2002 12:57:34 PM EDT
If I get an EOTech for a flat top that has the front sight, how would I site it? Would I put the dot on the front sight like with an aimpoint? Wouldn't the front site block the bottom portion of the ciricle?

Just wondering. I saw a model 511 the other day and it looked cool.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
To sight with an EOTech, you just place the red dot on the target, it has nothing to do with the front sight.  I have a 511 on my bushmaster, and with both eyes open, and focused on the target, you don't even notice the front sight is there.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a rear flip up sight, you could sight in your irons, then adjust the eotech to those sights.  Or sight them in independently.  I sighted both independently, and they basically line right up.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Sight in your EOTech at 50 yards.  that will usually do the trick.  this type of sight in will give you a 2 to 3 inch difference out to 300m.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top