Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 10:08:15 PM EDT
My buddy and I both just picked up EOTech 512 Ref F glass from Mike at CS Gunworks.   The unit looks really well made and new buttons are great.  However, the reticule does not look anything even close the pictures that other posted in the sticky thread above, or on the EOTech website.  Instead, when I look through the reticule, it seems to be made up of obvious dots that form a ring with a fuzzy edge.  I guess I was kind of expecting a solid clear line like you see on the EOTech web site.  At first, I actually thought that my unit may be defective.  However, when I compare mine to the second one that my buddy got, they are exactly the same.  Is the dot pattern fuzziness just what you get with a laser projected hologram?  Maybe my expectations were just off and I need to get used to it.  What are your thoughts?

Vendor Note:
Excellent experience with Mike by the way.  He was friendly, answered questions thoroughly, and shipped the same day.  Not only that, he sent a follow up email asking how I like them.  Unbelievable customer service and he supports AR15.com to boot.  I would highly recommend that you check out CSGunworks if you looking to buy glass. :)
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The circle's gonna look fuzzy, just the way they work. Got a bunch of them among the guys at work, and they're all the same.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the confirmation.  I feel better knowing that the reticule pattern is typical.  I have not even had the chance to take the EOTech out and try it yet.  Maybe when you are shooting and focusing on your target, the dots won’t even be noticeable.  Like I said, I probably just need to get used to it.  I think the Bushy is going to get a work out this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a cut and paste from a reply I posted on big EOTech/Aimpoint thread...

Quoted:
Once again, to quote Wes:  "WTF am I going to do with a 65MOA circle of dots?"

First, learn how to use it!  

Once again for the slow folks.

1. Keep both eyes open.
2. Focus on the target not the reticle.
3. The 65 MOA is not for precise aiming, it is strictly for CQB, so think of it as a ghost ring.  Place the 65 MOA ring COM and press the trigger as needed.
4. The 1 MOA dot will be sharp and clear when precise aiming is needed.

Thus endth the lesson...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:43:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's a cut and paste from a reply I posted on big EOTech/Aimpoint thread...

Quoted:
Once again, to quote Wes:  "WTF am I going to do with a 65MOA circle of dots?"

First, learn how to use it!  

Once again for the slow folks.

1. Keep both eyes open.
2. Focus on the target not the reticle.
3. The 65 MOA is not for precise aiming, it is strictly for CQB, so think of it as a ghost ring.  Place the 65 MOA ring COM and press the trigger as needed.
4. The 1 MOA dot will be sharp and clear when precise aiming is needed.

Thus endth the lesson...

Once you follow the above listed steps the fuzziness goes away like that.

However.  When I first received my HOLOsite, I sent it back, because it was blurry.  It was sent back working fine.  It still looked blurry to me.  A year later I finally came to the conclusion I needed glasses.  I am nearsighted. I also have an astigmatism.  I get my glasses.  I pick up my rifle, power up the site and the blurriness is gone.  I have hear from other posters on the board that an astigmatism can cause the blurriness problem.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
YES!!!

I am nearsighted, and wear glasses to correct.  If I look through the Eotech and focus at shooting distance, say, 50-100 yds, the reticle is in focus.  If I remove my glasses, as I do with scopes, the reticle is fuzzy.

Also, if you turn the brightness up higher than necessary, the reticle will appear fuzzy.

Go outside, keep both eyes open, adjust the brightness of the reticle up and down, finding what looks best for you, focus at an object out 25-50 yds, and see how it looks.

IGNORE the Eotech, look at your target both eyes open.  Place the reticle on the target.

Once you learn to use it you will like it.  I do, I have three.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top