Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:35:43 AM EDT
OK I want a EOTech! Got to Have it! Damn this is a disease! From what I read searching around this forum, It appears everyone is mounting EOTechs on flattops. I would like to hear from anyone that mounted one on a A2 carry handle. What are EOTech’s like mounted on the A2 carry handle? Are they too high to be worth wild? Or do I go with the EOTech Adjustable Cantilever Co-Witness mount? Is the Adjustable Cantilever Co-Witness mount worth the money? (Appr $140) ? Can I get by with a cheaper gooseneck mount or is the Adjustable the way to go? I guess I’m having trouble justifying the $140 piece of metal to mount the EOTech…. Hell for $300 or less I could get a J&T Flat Top Upper? Please Help me decide I’m just trying to explore all options before I order. I'm going to get a model 510 AA, will the longer EOTech be a problem?

Thanks Jayme…..

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:04:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 6:06:12 AM EDT by Michigunner]
Jayme,

I've just been through the same problem with my Eotech. Although a newcomer to the AR-15 world, here is some info I've come across.

First, mount on top of the A2 handle is undesirable. It is considered too far from the bore axis.

I purchased the ARMS 39A2 mount, and it is the real deal. It has a bolt for the hole in the handle top, and a clamp which fits to the front of the handle. Solid as a rock.

However, it was developed for the Aimpoint. When the Eotech came along later, you cannot see the front iron sights through the view, and cannot co-witness, of course.

That's no problem to me. I wasn't especially concerned about co-witness anyway.

Please examine the link below. You will see that the mount is recommended by Eotech, apparently. I'm concerned that it only uses one bolt.

http://www.skdtac.com/item.asp?ItemID=SKD2103&PRICE=119.95&CategoryNum=169

You could also send an email, or call Eotech or SKD, etc.

Hope this helps.

I forgot to mention: If I were more experienced, I would have acquired another upper with a flat top, but have no mechanical ability, etc.

Bill

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:34:18 AM EDT
Bill thanks for the info....

Yes If I would have knew more when I built my A2 I think would have built a A3 and have the best of both worlds.... I guess that's why you can't have just one AR.....
Top Top